Burmester Audio System

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Question for those who already have their Taycan (I recognize it is a handful only)

Did anyone order the Burmester and what are your thoughts about it? I’ve read what I can about the Burmester in the Panamera but haven’t seen much out there about the Burmester in the Taycan)
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Question for those who already have their Taycan (I recognize it is a handful only)

Did anyone order the Burmester and what are your thoughts about it? I’ve read what I can about the Burmester in the Panamera but haven’t seen much out there about the Burmester in the Taycan)
I have listen to it and it’s the best car sound I ever heard... I have Burmester on my Panamera turbo and macan and Taycan sounds better..

OP
OP
Litigator

Litigator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have listen to it and it’s the best car sound I ever heard... I have Burmester on my Panamera turbo and macan and Taycan sounds better..
thank you for that!!! Did they ever add the feature of storing music locally on a hard drive? I know the older systems did not. Curious how that changed

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I have it on mine (to avoid Bose) and I do have to say it is indeed the best audio system I have heard in a car (and I am a professional audio guy). I am not sure its worth the cost unless it is something very important to you as cars are always non optimal listening environments anyway.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
thank you for that!!! Did they ever add the feature of storing music locally on a hard drive? I know the older systems did not. Curious how that changed
I have the Jukebox function on my last 3 Porsche.. but I use an iPod and Apple Music..

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Burmester in the Taycan is the best sound system I have heard in a car. Pair that with the Apple Music and make sure you are using the 3D sound function and you will never want another sound system again. Hands down, the best.
That’s good to hear. I have that in my specification and switched to Apple Music in anticipation of getting the Taycan.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Why would you EVER store music on a limited capacity internal Hard Drive in a car accessed/ripped/managed through some clunky Nav System interface? Just get a microSD card (256GB, 512 GB) (or two) and USB adapter (USB-C) and play it through the USB port! (or a thumb drive) That way you can manage your tunes EXTERNAL to the car. Pull out the Card/Adapter, hook it up to your PC, update and manage at maximum speed and convenience with whatever tool you like best!

I have several micro sdcards I keep in a little wallet. The one that typically stays in the car is my music but I also carry a card full of audible books (extracted to mp3) for long trips...

This is also a good reason to NOT be a slave to Apple and move all your music into iTunes. With iTunes they hold everything and you can't "get it back" to use elsewhere. Rip your music to a generic MP3, FLAC, etc format and you can do ANYTHING you want with it. Put it in iTunes and they will own you forever and you lose tons of flexibility and options. Note that you can rip to MP3 etc first and then ALSO upload it to iTunes but you can never get it back. I rip all my music to MP3 and then upload it to a linux server (running SAMBA) for safe keeping and access to devices (SONOS, Bluesound, FireTV, Onkyo) on my home network. Then I can also upload it to iTunes, Amazon Music, and sdcard/thumb drives for use in EVERY vehicle!

Last edited:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
I have the Jukebox function on my last 3 Porsche.. but I use an iPod and Apple Music..
Our 2015 Macan Turbo (built FEB 2014) with Burmester handles .wav files on the internal hard drive with only one issue - needs to be a flat file (directories are a pain).
Macan Turbo Burmester is amazingly clear and smooth upfront - rear seats have very disappointing and muddy bass. Hope the Burmester system in the Taycan Turbo S is as clear (or clearer) than upfront in the Macan.
Standard system in the GT4 was the right choice - clear voice and too much six-cylinder music to appreciate recorded music!

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
I will just throw out a subtle cautionary statement with this caveat that this is UP TO INDIVIDUAL tastes. I am not a fan of surround, 3D and other processing functions in cars. In fact its the first thing I turn off, and if it can’t be turned off (as is the case in some Bose systems) I will not buy the car.

Music is not recorded for surround, and if care was given then the mix is designed for balanced, coherent single point stereo with a field. This means cars as a starting point are less than idea listening environments. Throw in systems that apply processing (almost always phase tricks) to create ‘surround” and you will cause both fatigue and significant alternation of audio Balance.

Stick to equalization and volume adjustment in my opinion.

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
Our 2015 Macan Turbo (built FEB 2014) with Burmester handles .wav files on the internal hard drive with only one issue - needs to be a flat file (directories are a pain).
Macan Turbo Burmester is amazingly clear and smooth upfront - rear seats have very disappointing and muddy bass. Hope the Burmester system in the Taycan Turbo S is as clear (or clearer) than upfront in the Macan.
Standard system in the GT4 was the right choice - clear voice and too much six-cylinder music to appreciate recorded music!
I have macan With burmester and a taycan Turbo With Burmester and the sound With Auro-3D in the Taycan Is the best sound I ever heard!!

RobGG

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

The Burmester is incredible. Truly excellent sound depth and brightness. Beyond description. I have a Burmester in my Mercedes GLC, and it’s pretty good. I listened to the Bose in the Taycan, and it was a downgrade from the Mercedes Burmester, so I 100% knew I needed the Burmester in the Taycan, which is head a shoulders better than the GLC version. In fact, it’s absolutely incredible. It’s the best car system I’ve ever heard. Changes your life to have that in your daily life. Massive upgrade lifestyle purchase. Go for it. You will thank yourself.

amamoy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Macan GTS, Range Rover, Ariel Atom
Country flag
I would highlight that to get the best performance you really need proper CD rips or a high quality streaming source like Tidal or Qobuz.

XM radio sounds good but the high res sources really make a huge difference.

Music is huge part of my life so the cost was ok for me. Small expense compared to home system……

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Now that Apple Music is offering lossless high bit-rate, I’m assuming that the system will be able to take advantage of this in CarPlay mode? Both when streaming and using the audio files stored locally on my phone?

Porsche Taycan Burmester Audio System 38800913-1131-4A46-9901-783EAF6CB8A7

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Arter some research it seems this is possible, but you need to connect the phone via USB - wireless carplay does not support lossless audio from what I understand.
Sponsored