Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have had my Turbo for 2 months now and am in love with it. It blows my M5 out of the water with one exception. If i'm driving around my town and there are trees near the road I keep loosing the SXM signal-it goes in and out on the Burmester system (which by the way has terrific sound!). Not so on my other cars-BMW M5 and X3. Not even on a prius. Does anyone else have the same problem? Anyone found a solution? Are there either mechanical or other remedies for this very annoying problem? Help.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Now that you mention it, I did notice a drop out in an area that doesn't drop out for any of my other cars. I suspect that it is due to something about the antenna configuration in the car. Now that car makers have abandoned the "whale tail" antennas, the quality of signal capture is going to be impacted by individual antenna design.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I consistently find Apple Music pauses after ~10 seconds of driving. I always have to unpause and it starts again. Wonder if the sat thing in the us is the same problem?

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Could be. More time in the car will tell...
I don't think its the same thing as its not a pause after 10 seconds but continuouly drops the signal for 1-5 or more seconds then comes back to live broadcast until I'm in a completely open area then its fine. I agree its probably the antenna, or lack of a good one. Can this be remedied. I'm not opptomistc...

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For @Gogs , I think that it depends to me if it is a pause after 10 seconds no matter where @Gogs is driving. If so, then it seems like some kind of data service authentication. But for me, 10 seconds is always the same place from my house. I suppose I would know if it happened after 10 seconds from where I am coming from.

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
Now that you mention it, I did notice a drop out in an area that doesn't drop out for any of my other cars. I suspect that it is due to something about the antenna configuration in the car. Now that car makers have abandoned the "whale tail" antennas, the quality of signal capture is going to be impacted by individual antenna design.
Mine does the same thing. Maybe once a week. But I have the the Bose. I’m sure it’s a first year bug.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Mine does the same thing. Maybe once a week. But I have the the Bose. I’m sure it’s a first year bug.
I don't believe the "Burmester Option" has anything to do with your source of audio (i.e. satellite radio). I believe Burmester is simply a different amp and speakers.

I fully expect its the very same tuners, etc being fed from the PCM systems into the Burmester Amp...

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I’m on Bose, so not unique (if same problem). I also find the radio, digital, fm & online will cut out in areas where there is a signal like in the town etc then it comes back on after 5-10 seconds or I notice there’s no music after a few minutes. Running from car play library is fine so must be a reception thing.

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m on Bose, so not unique (if same problem). I also find the radio, digital, fm & online will cut out in areas where there is a signal like in the town etc then it comes back on after 5-10 seconds or I notice there’s no music after a few minutes. Running from car play library is fine so must be a reception thing.
Agreed. Reception issues makes the most sense.

hox1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla X, 2016 Tesla S, 2020 Taycan 4S Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Agreed. Reception issues makes the most sense.
Probably correct. On the topic of antennas however, I must note that the cell reception is immaculate, I get Sonal two levels deep in the garage at work. Pretty good, that.

OP
OP
Skier

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
so does anyone have a fix for the poor antenna reception for satellite radio? An additional add on antenna? software? etc. Thanks
Sponsored