Buying a CPOed CT for the wife. Not the color she wants, but good deal. What would it cost to wrap it (East Coast - US)?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
She wants PTS color... Viola Metalic. If I buy the CPOed CT, what would it cost me to get the car wrapped in the color she wants? I want to get it done right and don't want to deal with re-wrapping for maybe 5+ years.
To clarify, "wrap" is a thin vinyl material, whereas colored PPF is much thicker consisting of multiple layers including a paint pigment layer. If you were going to PPF your Taycan anyway, it's not much more expense to use colored PPF. STEK's DYNOpurple PPF is the equivalent of viola metallic, and @Adrian@GlasWerksDMV's shop here in NE U.S. has experience installing it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
To clarify, "wrap" is a thin vinyl material, whereas colored PPF is much thicker consisting of multiple layers including a paint pigment layer. If you were going to PPF your Taycan anyway, it's not much more expense to use colored PPF. STEK's DYNOpurple PPF is the equivalent of viola metallic, and @Adrian@GlasWerksDMV's shop here in NE U.S. has experience installing it.
Love the username :) Enough!

The STEK DYNOpurple PPF looks so good! I need to go get a sample. I want it thick. I love my XC90... I kept it pristine for such a long time until a couple dingbats knicked the paint. If I had PPFed it, it would still be pristine. I may end up wrapping it too in Polstar blue.
@Adrian@GlasWerksDMV does some beautiful stuff, but they are in VA. I need to find someone legit good in MA, NH, CT, or RI.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now that I am seeing some sweet sweet CPOed deals and I see the cost of wrapping the CT in exactly what the missus wants, yeah, there is no reason for me to custom order. I can get GTS or turbo for S money with laughable miles when I know we will keep this one for a while. It's hard to say no.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Someone snagged the car. I was dealing with the GSM who I knew for a while. I texted him about it, but it was on his day off... SM had an appointment for that car and in the end the GSM did the right thing and gave the car to person who had the appointment. Oh well. It was very nicely optioned GTS in Neptune Blue.
Search for CPOed S or GTS (or maybe Turbo, since those seem to be really dropping in price) with <10K miles and 2+1, surround view, and RWS continues :)

Last edited:

Sharksailer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo, 2019 McLaren 720S
Country flag
So, as I finally found a dealer with build spot (it just happens to be one I bought Cayman from when I was... younger) about 800 miles from my home, yes there is a freeze on the spots, but when he says he is giving me the 1st spot he gets, I have zero reason to not trust him.

Here is a fun bit, he mentioned he has a CT he has driven for a couple of months as a demo, and I am being offered a deal I can't refuse.

Problem: it is a car for the love of my life, my wife, a woman who always told me to get the vehicles I want and skip "reasonable". She wants PTS color... Viola Metalic. If I buy the CPOed CT, what would it cost me to get the car wrapped in the color she wants? I want to get it done right and don't want to deal with re-wrapping for maybe 5+ years.
I purchased at CPO CT. It also was not the color that I wanted, but the deal was too good along with the warranty to pass it up. I have grown to like the color more, but did get a price for 5K to wrap my car which I may do this summer.
Most people ppf their car anyway so putting on a wrap in a different color is a similar price. You never know your wife may like the new color once she starts to drive it more?

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got a couple of quotes for PPF (clear) and for around $800 more I can do a color change. I think I will get that color change done. Purple is her favorite color. She loves her CT4S, so I am now on the hunt for the right wrap material.
I contacted the place where she saw the GT3RS in Europe, and they no longer have the car, but they have Lambo in the same color. But they don't know what wrap is on it. It is not STEKPurple. Inozetek violet is so close... She likes the satin a lot. I just never had to maintain a car in satin. Thoughts?

Porsche Taycan Buying a CPOed CT for the wife. Not the color she wants, but good deal. What would it cost to wrap it (East Coast - US)? 300830180_126670086780223_8060257587777769109_n

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Thoughts?
I spent a ton of effort researching PPF options, and after it all, I decided that if I could only give one piece of advice, it would be this:

Forget about the materials. Concentrate on finding the best installer you can find in your region, and then let them make all the technical decisions about the materials.

I agonized over STEK versus XPEL for hours, and eventually concluded that was pointless. I'll show you how it all turns out next week.

Here's one more "pre-PPF" photo in the meantime:

Porsche Taycan Buying a CPOed CT for the wife. Not the color she wants, but good deal. What would it cost to wrap it (East Coast - US)? DSC03267.JPG

Incidentally, if you're worried about maintaining the finish, definitely look into having a ceramic layer done over the top. I'm getting CQuartz Finest Reserve.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I spent a ton of effort researching PPF options, and after it all, I decided that if I could only give one piece of advice, it would be this:

Forget about the materials. Concentrate on finding the best installer you can find in your region, and then let them make all the technical decisions about the materials.

I agonized over STEK versus XPEL for hours, and eventually concluded that was pointless. I'll show you how it all turns out next week.

Here's one more "pre-PPF" photo in the meantime:

DSC03267.JPG
I have the installer (he seems to be popular on Rennlist for my region). Saw him today. He gave me all his color sample swatches to borrow for a day. Struggling to find a match for the color. Albeit all I have is Inozetek catalog.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I just never had to maintain a car in satin. Thoughts?
My Vantage is wrapped with matte satin finish with ceramic over top. Easier to maintain than gloss IMHO. However, it does tend to show/hold more dust. But it's easier to just dust off a car than to clean the whole thing :)

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My Vantage is wrapped with matte satin finish with ceramic over top. Easier to maintain than gloss IMHO. However, it does tend to show/hold more dust. But it's easier to just dust off a car than to clean the whole thing :)
Share a photo of the Vantage please. I wouldn't mind adding one of those to the stable.

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
My biggest worry is stone chips. Had a few nasty ones penetrate my clear xpel. If there’s a stark difference between the wrap and paint colour that wouldn’t be pretty. I’m also looking at CPOs, but really prefer Mamba or Neptune, so wrapping is an option on the table
Sponsored