Can you adjust volume on Electronic Sport Sound?

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
I just went through delivery and the Taycan Immersion at Porsche Experience Center Atlanta... Amazing. But one question I had nobody there could answer - "can you adjust volume level for ESS?". My on-boarding host, Immersion driver, and tour host and demo lap driver all thought that you could, but nobody could figure it out. We were driving the Turbo S for the Immersion, and I would have liked it a little louder - seemed too quiet /subtle to me. Of course I'm coming off an AMG 63S CLS, so used to that loud growl....
The hosts and drivers have no idea what they are talking about. Sounds like they are just part-time actors.
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
I specced it, personally I wish I hadn’t bothered as I find it a bit unpleasant. It‘s only real value to me is when driving around busy, heavily pedestrian laden areas of the city where it helps to stop people walking out in front of me as the standard level of noise seems to be insufficient (see also for birds/animals in the surrounding area).

Not, I’m sure, what Porsche had in mind for it when first adding it..

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
…..game changing idea……when you want to lesson EV sound - turn up stereo volume, when to want higher EV sound - reduce stere volume to achieve wanted EV sound level.

At the end of the day, if installed turn off or learn to love it 🫣🤪

OP
OP

GregN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, Range Rover
Country flag
Is there a way to have the GTS Sound set to the "on" position in the driver profile? So, just like the seat and sunroof settings, it activates when you open the car door.

Thoughts?
I added ESS to my diamond shortcut . . . like you, I can't believe there isn't a way to have it automatically be pre-set to your driver profile, including other things like Auto Recuperative (only goes 'On' or 'Off' with the steering wheel toggle.
Sponsored