Can you adjust volume on Electronic Sport Sound?

GregN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, Range Rover
Country flag
I just went through delivery and the Taycan Immersion at Porsche Experience Center Atlanta... Amazing. But one question I had nobody there could answer - "can you adjust volume level for ESS?". My on-boarding host, Immersion driver, and tour host and demo lap driver all thought that you could, but nobody could figure it out. We were driving the Turbo S for the Immersion, and I would have liked it a little louder - seemed too quiet /subtle to me. Of course I'm coming off an AMG 63S CLS, so used to that loud growl....
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I just went through delivery and the Taycan Immersion at Porsche Experience Center Atlanta... Amazing. But one question I had nobody there could answer - "can you adjust volume level for ESS?". My on-boarding host, Immersion driver, and tour host and demo lap driver all thought that you could, but nobody could figure it out. We were driving the Turbo S for the Immersion, and I would have liked it a little louder - seemed too quiet /subtle to me. Of course I'm coming off an AMG 63S CLS, so used to that loud growl....
I don’t think so.

Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
if the increase in volume is for your benefit, fold down the rear seats

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
It’s not but I’m sure on the next one they’ll probably offer that
I am sure they are looking for subscription FODs, so this can be an easy one for $5/month, with 3 dots and a -5 to + 5 slider, as an example, to pump more speaker volume for it.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nope

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Its gets louder in Sports+
Think the GTS also has louder sound option. I wish there was a volume control or other sound options.

Porsche Taycan Can you adjust volume on Electronic Sport Sound? 1690045820977

Last edited:

Heidi

First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Nope- at least I haven’t found a way to do so, rather regretting it as an option 🥴

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Think the GTS also has louder sound option. I wish there was a volume control or other sound options.

1690045820977.png
I have the GTS and had a 4S with it - different sound in Sport Plus. Either way I would not switch it on - pointless and annoying gimmick (standard on GTS otherwise I wouldn't have included it).

Chas1

First Name
Chas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini
Country flag
I had an i4 for a year and the artificial sound was nearly bearable but not quite. The Porsche artificial sound is appallingly bad in my view and I have it permanently switch off. Not everyone will agree but I’d rather spend the cash elsewhere.

OP
OP

GregN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan 4s Cross Turismo, Range Rover
Country flag

1690045820977.png
Thanks CxM - best answer!

Reactions: CxM

Tiptoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 Porsche 911, 1974 Citroen 2cv, 2018 Volvo S90
Country flag
Is there a way to have the GTS Sound set to the "on" position in the driver profile? So, just like the seat and sunroof settings, it activates when you open the car door.

Thoughts?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Is there a way to have the GTS Sound set to the "on" position in the driver profile? So, just like the seat and sunroof settings, it activates when you open the car door.

Thoughts?
I think you can do it in "Individual" mode?

You can definitely assign it to a shortcut button so it's easy to turn on and off.

I quite like it :)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

Thoughts?
Nope.

You always start in Normal drive mode and therefore must select one of the others where ESS is available after powering on the car..

Sunroof settings - unless VLC offers something different but not sure what that might be

Personally, it's a good thing ESS is awful.
Sponsored