Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
My car is in the UK, estimated delivery was today. Car still at Grimsby. Dealer said they are waiting on 100’s of cars! No confirmed transport date. But gave him till next week, then I said I would wait till September registration if not delivered. Resale value difference in the UK is about £1500 +£500 each month between March/September registrations.
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
My Turbo is ready to collect from next Tuesday but It’s going to be sitting at the dealership until September 1st when it’s registered
I’m in no rush to collect the car at all

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
I'll be doing the same and pushing back delivery till the 1st September if the car is not ready next week. I'm not in any hurry either now. Weeks/Months fly by anyway. Cant believe were in the 3rd quarter already!

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I'll be doing the same and pushing back delivery till the 1st September if the car is not ready next week. I'm not in any hurry either now. Weeks/Months fly by anyway. Cant believe were in the 3rd quarter already!
Not good that’s it’s not made it up to the dealer yet but understand wanting to wait if it gets delayed much more.... mine missed the transport it was suppose to arrive on and came a few days later so fingers crossed it’s on it’s way soon

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
My Turbo is ready to collect from next Tuesday but It’s going to be sitting at the dealership until September 1st when it’s registered
Do you know the build completion date for your car? It may be that you are picking it up well after 6 months of it being produced. I would want to know if it was hooked up to a charger during this time or just sitting in a dock somewhere :eek:

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover - Defender - Taycan Turbo arriving soon
Country flag
May I ask when you put your order in ?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
My Turbo order was placed in January (I originally ordered a 4S in November but upgraded)
The car reached build freeze late April, Was built late May and left the factory mid June
It will be ready to collect next Tuesday but I’m leaving it till September as I don’t see the point in taking it

even after factory shut down and Covid it’s only a couple of weeks later than my original delivery date

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Had a Taycan TTS, now have an Aston DBS, RR SVR, F-Type S, Ford Ranger Wildcat
Country flag
My Turbo order was placed in January (I originally ordered a 4S in November but upgraded)
The car reached build freeze late April, Was built late May and left the factory mid June
It will be ready to collect next Tuesday but I’m leaving it till September as I don’t see the point in taking it

even after factory shut down and Covid it’s only a couple of weeks later than my original delivery date
My car (a Turbo S) was originally due to be with me early June but actually got built on the 3rd of June. This was understandable in the circumstances. My collection date was changed to around the 12th of July. Unfortunately the car never moved from the factory compound. I was eventually told that the car was being held for unknown reasons by Porsche. This week I got sick of waiting and decided to look for something else. Yesterday was my deadline and the Taycan still hadn't moved. I had all but put a deposit down on something else (car is reserved) and an hour later my Porsche dealer rang and told me that the car has moved to Emden.....

Reading this thread doesn't give me much hope of it turning up anytime soon so I may well still cancel.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My car (a Turbo S) was originally due to be with me early June but actually got built on the 3rd of June. This was understandable in the circumstances. My collection date was changed to around the 12th of July. Unfortunately the car never moved from the factory compound. I was eventually told that the car was being held for unknown reasons by Porsche. This week I got sick of waiting and decided to look for something else. Yesterday was my deadline and the Taycan still hadn't moved. I had all but put a deposit down on something else (car is reserved) and an hour later my Porsche dealer rang and told me that the car has moved to Emden.....

Reading this thread doesn't give me much hope of it turning up anytime soon so I may well still cancel.
to be fair mate the whole process has been a pain in the arse and I think if we had know how bad it would have been we wouldn't have bothered ordering the car!

as I've said on this forum a few times if it it wasn't for the tax benefits I wouldn't have ordered the car in the first place
And I would have certainly cancelled it by now

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
to be fair mate the whole process has been a pain in the arse and I think if we had know how bad it would have been we wouldn't have bothered ordering the car!

as I've said on this forum a few times if it it wasn't for the tax benefits I wouldn't have ordered the car in the first place
Very true but also probably true of a large number of car purchases through this period. My dealer called me again today.. Now it is actually showing as "Exit port Emden -17-7-20".. So it is probably on a boat. Expected date at dealer is revised to 7-8-20. Obviously as most others in this thread have said - mid August means it would be daft not to wait until September.

So my 1st world "dilemma" is ... collecting a totally different car next week (Aston DBS) which I feel quite wowed by or wait until September for a car I've kind of lost the mojo for.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag

I felt exactly the same before getting mine. The car is amazing - but the whole delivery process was a shambles. And agree if it wasnt for the tax benefits I would have likely cancelled too. Still now it’s here some of that hassle has faded.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
All dealers are shit! Ive had numerous brands over the years and hardly any positive experiences even when dealers become friends due to the number of cars bought over the years. Still goof ups galore between ordering a car and having it delivered.

The Taycan is a fantastic car and I would’t let any dealer experience put you off. I find there is a lot of cribbing on the forums off late. Not many people who have have positives are coming out to post. It’s getting a bit boring now IMHO.

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag

My Turbo S was finished at the end of May and I’m told is now awaiting outstanding recall campaigns. Maybe it’s a Turbo S thing as the other models appear to be moving

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very true but also probably true of a large number of car purchases through this period. My dealer called me again today.. Now it is actually showing as "Exit port Emden -17-7-20".. So it is probably on a boat. Expected date at dealer is revised to 7-8-20. Obviously as most others in this thread have said - mid August means it would be daft not to wait until September.

So my 1st world "dilemma" is ... collecting a totally different car next week (Aston DBS) which I feel quite wowed by or wait until September for a car I've kind of lost the mojo for.
my business partner has a DBS and he loves it, he's only done about 700 miles from new in the 8 months he's owned it due to Covid (has loads of other cars too)
But it does 11MPG and 100 miles on a full tank!

I've said in a few threads that whole car buying experience has started to spoil the enjoyment, I've cancelled an Etron that was built in Feb and has been stuck at Emden ever since!

All dealers are useless (especially JLR!!!) but it's the fact that they don't give a shit I find frustrating
Once you explain your annoyance you are greeted with
"You can cancel we have loads waiting for this car "

DragonRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my business partner has a DBS and he loves it, he's only done about 700 miles from new in the 8 months he's owned it due to Covid (has loads of other cars too)
But it does 11MPG and 100 miles on a full tank!

I've said in a few threads that whole car buying experience has started to spoil the enjoyment, I've cancelled an Etron that was built in Feb and has been stuck at Emden ever since!

All dealers are useless (especially JLR!!!) but it's the fact that they don't give a shit I find frustrating
Once you explain your annoyance you are greeted with
"You can cancel we have loads waiting for this car "
I watched a youtube video on the DBS and the MPG was one of the guy's hates. which totally supports your comment. I put this to the dealer and he insists they generally get around the 19 area. He sent me a pic of a 2800 mile trip reading which had averaged 31mph (so not just motorway) and it showed 19.4! Does your business partner drive it hard? (I would be really grateful for any feedback here, it is quite important given my situation.. I can't deal with a car getting 11 MPG!)

I have to say that generally my dealer (Porsche Sheffield) has been really good. The salesman I've been dealing has always been honest as far as I can tell and is trying to convince me to take the car despite both of us knowing it will sell easily and probably at a premium. I've dealt with them several times over recent years and they've always been pretty good.

Update on my Taycan. It appears to be on a ship sat outside Grimsby dock at the moment.
Sponsored

Last edited: