Delayed car feels lost in the system

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
Trying to figure out if my situation is unusual. From what I’ve gathered, it seems to be.

After initially being scheduled for a 2/18 production date, it was bumped to April on 2/17. But whatever, the good news was that it was supposedly built on 4/8 and hit Emden on 4/12. It’s a Taycan 4S CT

It’s not moved since. Still sitting in Emden (should go to Houston, then Austin dealership)

TYD has given delivery dates in 3ish week increments ever since then. Latest is now 8/5 but no reason to believe it is based on anything other than the last date was 7/15. (And June, and May, and April before that…)

Supposedly its missing a Burmester “loudspeaker booster”. Not sure why that is causing months of delays (and i sure as @#$#@ would have not taken the option if they told me that was backordered for untold months).

Really wondering a few things:
  1. Has anyone had a Burmester built after 4/8 and delivered already?
  2. Is anyone else stuck in Emden as opposed to their “home port” like Benicia or Houston or even the Dealer?
Trying to manage my frustration, but it really feels like I’m off track. Also at some point the past month the car stopped showing up on the My Porsche page. I can see TYD through the old link i had in my history, but thats it.

Sigh
Sponsored

KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
I have a RWD built 5/16 and shipped to San Diego and now sitting at my dealership waiting a Burmester chip. No ETA for the part and delivery.

OP
OP

Fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4S, ‘21 Defender 110
Country flag
Yes as far as I can tell most folks waiting for the burmester amp have their car at dealership, which is why I’m concerned. Hate that it’s in the most inflexible place possible when the part does arrive

soamz

First Name
Soumendra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022 arriving this week
Country flag
My car has been built since may 9 and sitting in port since may 16.
Now lost.
I so hate these people
Sponsored