Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I've used the same for my ICE vehicles but I thought the whole point was that this could harm an EV based battery? Or am I just being paranoid?
I have no idea, someone who knows more than me about the Taycan electrical system will need to comment. My Taycan is a heap of ash at the bottom of the Atlantic right now.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I've used the same for my ICE vehicles but I thought the whole point was that this could harm an EV based battery? Or am I just being paranoid?
From reading the Good to Know app, the Porsche 12 volt battery is a lithium battery. The charger I linked works with lithium batteries so I suspect it will work fine. The manual says to contact Porsche for a list of recommended chargers.

Porsche Taycan Car in the Garage For 1 month Dead K.O totally A1E27365-6B37-4A5B-BF75-60898D5A6F66

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How about the genius engineering that came up with the idea that you have to "jump" the car through the fuse box on the drivers side to open the frunk ?!? And then you can get to the dead 12V battery. That's some real deep thinking.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dead 12v has been well discussed.

The last software update should have fixed most of these problems.

Check the stickies for the Agero cheat sheet on how to boost a dead 12v.

A NOCO type booster will work fine. But don't leave it connected once the dash comes alive. And don't store it in the frunk. Learned that lesson. Technically they are not permitted according to Porsche.

A trickle charger is not needed. The big battery will charge the little battery.
Sponsored