Car Play disables Phone call button on steering wheel?

darsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello,

Just got my Taycan 4S yesterday. I noticed that when I have a car play enabled, phone call button on the steering wheel can't be used to initiate phone calls, to answer the incoming phone calls or hangup. Is that correct? Or am I not doing something correctly? Is there any way to have Car Play enabled and still use Voice command prompt and Phone buttons on the steering wheel?
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Is there any way to have Car Play enabled and still use Voice command prompt and Phone buttons on the steering wheel?
Short press of the voice button on the steering wheel activates the Porsche voice control. Long press activates Siri. This works regardless if you have CarPlay or Bluetooth integration active.

OP
OP

darsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Short press of the voice button on the steering wheel activates the Porsche voice control. Long press activates Siri. This works regardless if you have CarPlay or Bluetooth integration active.

Thanks! Yes, voice prompt button is working as you mentioned. The phone button is not active while car play is enabled and in use. Is that right? At least I am not able to make it work.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
The phone button is not active while car play is enabled and in use. Is that right? At least I am not able to make it work.
I tested this today in my car. With CarPlay active, the phone burton on the steering wheel:
  1. Will not initiate a call; when pressed it will say "CarPlay active" on the right tube. This is different if you are using the Bluetooth connection when you'll be presented with a list of recent calls that you can scroll and select to call.
  2. Will answer an incoming call.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
will end a call as well i think.

OP
OP

darsh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I tested this today in my car. With CarPlay active, the phone burton on the steering wheel:
  1. Will not initiate a call; when pressed it will say "CarPlay active" on the right tube. This is different if you are using the Bluetooth connection when you'll be presented with a list of recent calls that you can scroll and select to call.
  2. Will answer an incoming call.
Thanks for trying and confirming! That limitation is a bummer.

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Integration with CarPlay/Android Auto with steering wheel buttons, instrument cluster display and HUD is poor IMO.