Car Seat Recommendations?

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
My niece is visiting (from our of country) and I’d like for her to have a car seat. She’s 20 months now. It will be mainly used when she visits every summer. I’m thinking whether to get the Porsche i-Size ($430) or another one. Any recommendations ? I have the seat protector from porsche.
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m sure it’s great, but there are plenty of great non-Porsche branded options for less money. We had Clek for a while, which was great. Now I use a Diono Radian 3RXT, which you can find online for about $280.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
We had Clek for a while, which was great. Now I use a Diono Radian 3RXT
Any recommendations on a booster seat? We have our 6 year old grandson coming in for the month of August.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Depending on your price point, but for a 6 year old you probably still want a booster with a back. Try the Chicco KidFit ClearTex Plus (around $100) or the Maxi-Cosi RodiFix for around $200. Both have LATCH connectors (with the Maxi-Cosi having a rigid latch). A lot of boosters don't have LATCH. The advantage of the Chicco is that it splits apart and converts to a backless booster as the child gets older.

We also use Diono backless boosters in my car, which work well.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
Check your local Facebook Market place.
If she once a year or so, no point in buying new. As long as it’s a well known brand, you should be all good.
It’ll save you a fortune given how fast kids grow!

satchurator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 CT4
Country flag
If your niece is only visiting for 1-2 months each year, see if you can find a service from which you can rent a car seat. Not just for the cost savings, but also because you might need to upgrade in size one or two times until she graduates to a booster seat.

tayCanadian

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Cayenne Coupe E-Hybrid (RIP), 2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Any recommendations on a booster seat? We have our 6 year old grandson coming in for the month of August.
I love my Diono Everett. The rigid latch system is a game changer. It literally clicks right into the latch connector points and I don't have to stick my whole body into the back seat to find them and click it in when installing or removing it. Every other car seat you need to whole the connectors and guide them to the latch points on the car (sometimes need to fish to find them) and then you need to pull on the belt to tighten them and it's not always easy to get the leverage to do that, especially if you're tall like me.

And because there is no belt to tighten the seat in, that also means it doesn't put a lot of pressure on the seat surface. I would still get a rubber car seat protector (like the one from Britax in the 2nd pic below)

So yeah... highly recommend the Diono Everett!

Porsche Taycan Car Seat Recommendations? 1657939896348

Porsche Taycan Car Seat Recommendations? 1657940278508