Carfax opinions...

Brandinimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Country flag
I have a hard time objectively deciding if some Carfax reports are problematic or nothing out of the ordinary. This seems a litle busy with many service appointments...business as usual or a headache?

It was sold as a CPO in 2022...so maybe not so bad?
Sponsored

Attachments

BigV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Taycan, 2023 Mercedes EQE 500 SUV
Country flag
I have a hard time objectively deciding if some Carfax reports are problematic or nothing out of the ordinary. This seems a litle busy with many service appointments...business as usual or a headache?

BigV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My main concern would be the 4 service/vehicle maintenance appointments between 3/11/21 and 10/15/21 in just over 2,200 miles. The early Taycans had a lot of software growing pains requiring multiple reloads at the dealership, so it could be something as simple as that. In any case the dealer should be able to pull up a more detailed service history for your peace of mind. As a side note there were a lot of early purchasers who were buying an EC for the first time, that decided it was not for them after a few thousand miles.

OP
OP

Brandinimo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Country flag
My main concern would be the 4 service/vehicle maintenance appointments between 3/11/21 and 10/15/21 in just over 2,200 miles. The early Taycans had a lot of software growing pains requiring multiple reloads at the dealership, so it could be something as simple as that. In any case the dealer should be able to pull up a more detailed service history for your peace of mind. As a side note there were a lot of early purchasers who were buying an EC for the first time, that decided it was not for them after a few thousand miles.
[/QUOTE

If it’s at a non Porsche dealer - could they get those records?

BigV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You could ask, but I would think it’s unlikely that Porsche would allow access outside their dealer network.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

Becoming the 3rd owner of a Taycan is risky….

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag

I purchased a two-owner 2021 prior CPO, also with numerous services. In my case, I tracked them down to recall or campaign update appointments so the previous owners were inconvenienced to give me a better sorted car. Only you can decide if the price is worth the possible risk; it was to me.

If you buy through Porsche you can transfer the CPO. I couldn't transfer it in my case so had Porsche do a basic inspection for peace of mind after my purchase.

Best wishes as you decide.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Ask how many times launch control has been activated!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
For what it's worth, Taycans seem to be modern cars which require mode TLC from service than older cars. When I had my 911, it saw the dealer every couple of years/15K miles. I've had my Taycan for a year and serviced maybe 5 times already - factory recalls like the battery test took 2 visits, my door handles have seen a 2 visits (going in for 2nd replacement soon, technically a 9th handle for my car) - none of the service visits were anything critical so far - for example door handles work but they occasionally reopen my car on close and lately the comfort access on close is not failing on one of the doors. I 'm an early adopter and went through teething problems with Tesla, so while I was hoping to avoid it with Porsche, I like the Taycan enough to do it. I might wait for the 2nd gen Macan EV or Cayenne EV before I get my wife into an EV Porsche, she particularly hates having to take her car to service often, especially a car that costs in the six digits.
Sponsored

Last edited: