dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Does this allow an Android phone to do Android Auto via CarPlay (eg Proxying AA to CP)?
Sponsored

DANgerous

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for this helpful post. Does anyone know the answers to these questions:

1. Can you leave it plugged in all the time without it draining the battery when you’re not in the car?
2. How does it handle multiple users, e.g. sometimes I drive the car, sometimes my spouse. Is it easy to switch users?

Thanks a lot!

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Finally got my Apple Pie unit from Alibaba after multiple aborted shipping attempts (thanks supply chain) set it up and as a multimedia box it works fantastic. Very snappy, responsive and on the Porsche hi res PCM screen, HD video looks gorgeous.

Porsche Taycan Carplay ApplePie Mini Android Box received_441393114400368

Currently have it BT & wifi tethered to my phone and hardly any lag at all ??

ShaneSr

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
The dealer says the 2021 cannot be upgraded to include Android auto, which 2022 models have. So I bought the new plus version and use this with Android Auto. I have audio lag on all phone, zoom, and team calls. I leave it plugged in and the screen boots to android pie automatically when the car starts. I hit the "zlink" button and it connects Android auto to my phone after about 10 seconds. After that, it works flawlessly (except for the audio lag).

So,... Not a seamless OEM replacement, but good enough that I don't have think about being coerced into switching to an iPhone.

Also, I tried to add a sim card to see if it would resolve the audio lag, but Verizon said the bands are not compatible with its network.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
So is this only a solution for Android Users? What do I need as an iphone user to get Netflix / YouTube etc on my Taycan (when it arrives…!).

Similarly, is there anyway to watch things like NOW TV etc?

Thanks

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
I have a MMB box. But incoming calls are buggy.. do you experience that too?

superhoops10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Hi

Have you managed to get the Apple-Pie working on the passenger display?

ineedanoriginal

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Anyone see this: https://www.evo.co.uk/porsche/cayenne/205796/new-2023-porsche-cayenne-interior-revealed. In the text it suggests that "new to the 2023 Cayenne is a third optional passenger display. This allows passengers to access media and navigation functions, and it can also stream video content thanks to a two-way filter which prevents the driver from watching content on the move." Looks very similar to the Taycan set up.

Perhaps something that might get updated for the Taycan? I'd hope it would be an OTA update too.
Sponsored