First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Hi Guys,
My Taycan turbo my2021 has wireless carplay. I use Tidal at home. In the taycan it plays only the first 10 tracks from each playlist.
It looks like a setting issue.
Does anybody know how to change settings that it plays full playlistst?
The sound is very good.
Sponsored

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Hi Guys,
My Taycan turbo my2021 has wireless carplay. I use Tidal at home. In the taycan it plays only the first 10 tracks from each playlist.
It looks like a setting issue.
Does anybody know how to change settings that it plays full playlistst?
The sound is very good.
Does it just play or just show? A somewhat recent update changed CarPlay so it will only show 10 in a list while you’re driving. It will play more than the 10 but it will only show you that; it’s supposedly a safety feature to prevent distracted driving. I haven’t used Tidal though so I don’t know if it’s truly limited.

OP
OP

Roy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Does it just play or just show? A somewhat recent update changed CarPlay so it will only show 10 in a list while you’re driving. It will play more than the 10 but it will only show you that; it’s supposedly a safety feature to prevent distracted driving. I haven’t used Tidal though so I don’t know if it’s truly limited.
Since yesterday some playlists it shows fully. It plays what it shows.
If it is 10 tracks you can only play 10 tracks. If it shows the full list you can play all tracks.
It is not playlist specific.
The same full playlist yesterday showed as a 10 track limited playlist before.

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
Since yesterday some playlists it shows fully. It plays what it shows.
If it is 10 tracks you can only play 10 tracks. If it shows the full list you can play all tracks.
It is not playlist specific.
The same full playlist yesterday showed as a 10 track limited playlist before.
Well that f’ing sucks. Is it just Tidal you see this with? And since we’re on this point...are you noticing a material quality difference in Tidal vs. Spotify (or Apple Music) in the car?

OP
OP

Roy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
Tidal using carplay sounds absolutely great. Almost audiophile (if that would be possible in a car)
Tidal using bluetooth sounds sort of ok.
My car has Burmester sound which was disappointing for me at first until I used Tidal/carplay.
Without high resolution tracks in best quality it is not worth paying extra for it.
The bose system sounds also ok.
Both systems miss a good equaliser for adaption to taste.

I did not use carplay before because I thought only apple music is possible.
The difference of Tidal with spottify is huge. Best is the Tidal highest grade (hifi).
It sounds marvelous.

Tidal has the option to download playlist for stand alone non wifi application.
I am not sure but I think the Taycan plays 10 tracks and downloads the rest while playing. That would be clever to avoid interrupts when there is no internet available while driving.

for me audio in the car is important. I bought the silence glass option. Now i want to find a solution to silence the interior fake engine sound.
it is required in the netherlands by law but it is ridiculous.
Why should i be warned with artificial sound for driving a car?
The exterior sound is ok for me to warn others but fake sound on the inside is stupid and should be possible to switch off.
A hybrid car has no fake sound inside.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
My car has Burmester sound which was disappointing for me at first until I used Tidal/carplay.
Thanks Roy. How would you compare Tidal to Apple Music when both are via the USB cable? Is there a difference in quality if you select iPod mode instead of CarPlay? I'm using Apple Music via USB cable CarPlay and it sounds incredible on the Burmester sound system, but I'm curious if Tidal would be even better.
The exterior sound is ok for me to warn others but fake sound on the inside is stupid and should be possible to switch off.
@Td78 posted this link to the Porsche installation and configuration instructions for the sport sound option: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10183502-0001.pdf. Page 9 has instructions for using the PIWIS Tester III to configure the sound. I assume that the same PIWIS menus can be used to disable the sound or reduce the volume. (Now you just need to find a shop with PIWIS that will agree to do this for you.)

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I think you'll find Tidal is even better. I used Tidal HI Fi or Master level to record a few thousand pieces to FLAC on my flash drive and play that on my Burmester. I did a side-by-side comparison to Apple Music, both via USB-C connection. The difference was definitely noticeable for me, which is saying a lot since I'm nowhere near a true audiophile.

OP
OP

Roy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo
Country flag
I think you'll find Tidal is even better. I used Tidal HI Fi or Master level to record a few thousand pieces to FLAC on my flash drive and play that on my Burmester. I did a side-by-side comparison to Apple Music, both via USB-C connection. The difference was definitely noticeable for me, which is saying a lot since I'm nowhere near a true audiophile.
Hi Vim
How did you get it on a flash drive.
On a ipad the files are hidden.
Do you use a pc with Tidal?

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Vim
How did you get it on a flash drive.
On a ipad the files are hidden.
Do you use a pc with Tidal?
Yes, I used DRMARE software to convert the Tidal files to FLAC. It works great, but takes some time since the song needs to play in real time.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
May I ask what size flash USB Drive I would need, new to this but would love to get the best soundstage from Burmester. Thanks.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The ultimate comparison is Hot Like Dimes by Pretty Lights. If it's available on Tidal I'll compare to Apple Music.
https://music.apple.com/us/album/hot-like-dimes/391834663?i=391834743

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I downloaded Tidal and activated the free trial (all in the name of research!) it then subsequently took £20 from my PayPal account. Turns out the free trial is for new customers only & I must have had an account a very long time ago!!

Anyway, Tidal on CarPlay is just awful. I started a song & the play buttons on the CarPlay Dashboard were still trying to control myTuner radio (the last app I’d used). Going back into the app (in CarPlay) there was no media buttons so I had to go onto my phone to try and advance the track. As soon as I unlocked the phone the media buttons appeared in the Tidal CarPlay app & subsequently on the CarPlay Dashboard.

I’ve been blown away with my Bose system and I can notice a big difference between DAB radio & online radio. The spacial effects with the online music is amazing and makes DAB sound flat.

I’ll give Tidal another go & do a direct comparison between it & Spotify but at £20 a month for a single sub & a god awful CarPlay app it will need to be some impressive stuff to get me to switch from Spotify.

I had Burmester in my Mk1 Macan Turbo and didn’t feel it was worth the extra.
I have the Bose system in my 911 & the Taycan’s system is night & day between the two. So anyone with the Burmester in their Taycan certainly has my envy!

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
How do I get my TIDAL Master music on to the flash drive? Keep it basic.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
How do I get my TIDAL Master music on to the flash drive? Keep it basic.
You use software such as DRMARE to rip it. It plays the tracks in real time and re-encodes it. The legality of it is grey.

tez1

First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
You use software such as DRMARE to rip it. It plays the tracks in real time and re-encodes it. The legality of it is grey.
Is there a video on how to do it?
Sponsored