dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-new-features-within-apple-carplay-33034.html
Does anyone know when/if this will be rolled out to Taycan?

The icon has appeared in CarPlay but it’s not currently functional.

(Apologies if this has been asked before - a cursory glance didn’t reveal any posts to me although I’m sure someone will now tell me there’s numerous 20 page threads and a whole forum dedicated to it!)
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...-new-features-within-apple-carplay-33034.html
Does anyone know when/if this will be rolled out to Taycan?

The icon has appeared in CarPlay but it’s not currently functional.

(Apologies if this has been asked before - a cursory glance didn’t reveal any posts to me although I’m sure someone will now tell me there’s numerous 20 page threads and a whole forum dedicated to it!)
My guess is that this will feature on the new Cayenne first and may rollout to other models. Taycan MY23 or earlier may / may not get this - may be firmware dependent on the PCM - at a guess. Who knows time will tell.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Yep - at least 2 threads I know of discussed in depth :)!

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
I guess the video app recently seen on new Cayenne might be in the same boat as well...?

Porsche Taycan CarPlay Update PCH23_0063

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I guess the video app recently seen on new Cayenne might be in the same boat as well...?

PCH23_0063.jpg
The cayenne passenger screen has a coating on it that prevents the driver from seeing the screen. I doubt this will ever come to the Taycan unless there's some requirement like keeping the vehicle in park.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
I knew about the privacy screen and its absence on our Taycan (Fastlifted Taycan will get it with no doubt)...but this doesn't stop the video app deployment and usage while in Park (which would be great at the charging station).

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Honestly, with how small the screen is, a video player seems more like a gimmick than an actually useful feature.

Without being able to even fill out the entire screen, you might as well just play it on your phone.

JasMK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435d
Country flag
Interestingly my CarPlay is now showing this… but can’t get it to do anything else yet
Porsche Taycan CarPlay Update IMG_8333

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Interestingly my CarPlay is now showing this… but can’t get it to do anything else yet
IMG_8333.jpeg
Interesting - Porsche continues to provide the most cryptic update releases of any car I've ever owned - P for patience I guess :)!

I still get this:

Porsche Taycan CarPlay Update IMG_2516

Last edited:
OP
OP
dpjrichards

dpjrichards

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Honestly, with how small the screen is, a video player seems more like a gimmick than an actually useful feature.

Without being able to even fill out the entire screen, you might as well just play it on your phone.
The screen isn’t massive compared to
Some EV’s but it is significantly bigger than a phone. Personally, I’d welcome the ability to use it as a media player while parked. That said, it’s not a big deal just a nice to have.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
IMG_8333.jpeg
Me too. I’m not sure I’m missing anything exciting but it’s oddly maddening to not be able to progress!

JasMK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 435d
Country flag
Me too. I’m not sure I’m missing anything exciting but it’s oddly maddening to not be able to progress!
That progress now seems to have reversed. Back to the "not supported" message today...

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
That progress now seems to have reversed. Back to the "not supported" message today...
Not supported with current PCM. I still have high hopes that the next PCM update will add support. All actions in the Cayenne App are already available through the Porsche Connect API for the Taycan.
Sponsored