Maryann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayman, 2022 Taycan on order!
Country flag
Ceramic Coating
Good idea or not really not sure
Yes! I had a 2018 Cayman I bought new and had it done at the dealer. It was black and kept the car amazing. We just bought a hybrid Wrangler in black and had it done and also amazing. Plan to get my new Taycan done as soon as I get it in March. I would recommend bringing it somewhere vs having the dealer do it.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Best of luck to you!! What colour are you getting?
I bottled out of Neptune Blue as hadn't seen it and went for Volcano Grey CT4S. Thought it looked great in the showroom.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
I have had my car for almost 3 weeks now- just got done doing ceramic coating myself entire car and wheels.
Thanks to jvincent for his recommendation of NV Nova EVO line of products as easy to work with and very forgiving with its application, "levelling", flashing or dwell time (or lack thereof) and removal.

After spending money on front PPF and full tint, and still probably wanna spring for the $1800 wheel/tire/door ding protection, I wasn't relishing dropping even $1500 on ceramic.
Nova EVO was $120, goes on very easily, no flashing or dwell time required, wipe right off and buff, and forgiving in its removal. I think doing it on a brand new car with no correction needed makes all the difference too.
1 hour to prep the night before with cut isopropyl alcohol spray, and 3 hours the next day to do entire car. Finished this morning with their Boost Si02 spray.
I had already bought CKQuartz 3.0 before I chatted with jvincent, so used that bottle on the wheels last weekend. It is thicker and harder to work with perhaps, but may in fact provide a harder, longer lasting coating. But as John pointed out, a 1-2 year coating is fine with me, and I'll be happy to reapply in 2 years as refresh for how easy it is to apply.

Just FYI in case anyone is thinking of doing it! Oh and buy these high quality low lint microfiber- makes all the difference in removal.

Porsche Taycan Ceramic coating a good idea? 20220129_102759

Porsche Taycan Ceramic coating a good idea? 20220129_102742

T4YC4N

First Name
VB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, BMW 730, Mini
Country flag
I bottled out of Neptune Blue as hadn't seen it and went for Volcano Grey CT4S. Thought it looked great in the showroom.
That’s a stunning colour and with the ceramic coating, it will pop even more!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What colour is your car? Have you found it stays cleaner for longer and is easier to maintain and wash?
Volcano Grey.

This time of year it gets dirty quickly but is very easy to clean. Car is now 14 months old and looks like new when washed.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
Ditec 9 year two layered coating here. I just decided to go all in as we have so much salt and grime all over the place for most of winter here in Norway it simply made sense.

Once a year there is a control wash where they also reapply the top layer of the coat.

Car looks so good even dirty. Most of it just flies off the car driving, except for the backend of the car and the roof (I guess they did not put coating on the glass roof).
Sponsored