Charge planner / navigation, ONLY IONITY

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I’m not sure if this is possible, but I want to do a one time setting, where going forward only Ionity stations are selected for the charge planner.
when I put in a destination in the app, I get all kinds of providers for the stops. I can then delete a stop, or add a manual Ionity, but one never knows if that one is on route or elsewhere, so I then look in the Ionity app and compare and sometimes the stations are even named differently.

is there a SIMPLE setting where I can only fare on Ionity, without cumbersome (understatement) manual inspection / intervention?
I’m flabbergasted that the chargeplanner actually alwayssuggest a 1,79€ EON station instead of a 0,30€ Ionity 10km further / earlier.

Am I expecting to much? Can it be done without triangulating with 3rd pty apps?

i don’t need suggestions like: find your stations on the Ionity app, note them down and put them as favorites in Porsche navigation and then as interim stops. I know all of that, but that’s just to much manual work for a CHARGE PLANNER
Sponsored

Mike13

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo, Mercedes AMG E63 Quadmat
Country flag
I agree with the need so I hope someone here has the solution.
Planning a run to Venice next year of about 1000 miles over two days. Just spent a couple of hours and two iPads to work out various routes and available IONITY charging stations with distances between. There must be an app for that.
When doing a long journey I am writing down the names of appropriate IONITY stations and using Hey Porsche to set each one in turn.

Reactions: or1

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
I’m not sure if this is possible, but I want to do a one time setting, where going forward only Ionity stations are selected for the charge planner.
when I put in a destination in the app, I get all kinds of providers for the stops. I can then delete a stop, or add a manual Ionity, but one never knows if that one is on route or elsewhere, so I then look in the Ionity app and compare and sometimes the stations are even named differently.

is there a SIMPLE setting where I can only fare on Ionity, without cumbersome (understatement) manual inspection / intervention?
I’m flabbergasted that the chargeplanner actually alwayssuggest a 1,79€ EON station instead of a 0,30€ Ionity 10km further / earlier.

i don’t need suggestions like: find your stations on the Ionity app, note them down and put them as favorites in Porsche navigation and then as interim stops. I know all of that, but that’s just to much manual work for a CHARGE PLANNER
I have mentioned this issue at Porsche Service center Gelderland and this seems at the moment not possible. As they promised they would report this to Porsche Germany and Ionity... Lets hope this is solved next year or better ASAP..

Mats

First Name
Mats
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 4S cab, CT 4S Gentian Blue
Country flag
I have also written three time to Porsche Zuffenhausen as well talked to my dealer. However, while the other day passing Porsche Charging Lounge in Bingen I had a nice chat with the present Porsche representative. He told me that's already done and just waiting for the decision on when to launch this update of the PCM. Let's cross our fingers.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

At the moment this is only possible to do in the MyPorsche app.
There you can set the filter to Ionity only! My way around the problem has been to set the filter and then put the Ionity stations I want along the route I will be taking as favourites. Once the favourites are star marked they will be transferred to the cars PCM. By doing this and then putting in the Ionity stations as stopovers, I avoid to have the ChargePlanner replan all other Stations. It is easy to find the Ionity stations this way.
Try it!

OP
OP
Raphie

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Where in the my Porsche app? Mine doesn’t give this option. Screenshot pls?

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with your Porsche Charging Card everything has the same price right? 30 cent ish per kwh for 250kw+. I used it like this on my 6.000km roadtrip a few weeks ago. At first I thought I only wanted to charge at Ionity or Fastned in France, but everything has the same price with the Porsche Charging Card.

I will follow this thread, because I don't want to whitelist specific companies like you want (Ionity), but I want to blacklist a few like LIDL charging in France. And if there is a setting, we probably can use it for both our usecases

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I have also written three time to Porsche Zuffenhausen as well talked to my dealer. However, while the other day passing Porsche Charging Lounge in Bingen I had a nice chat with the present Porsche representative. He told me that's already done and just waiting for the decision on when to launch this update of the PCM. Let's cross our fingers.
Let's hope so. It is really annoying without indeed. Using multiple apps while having paid for an option that should take care of this is not right. I did all planning manually during a recent trip and added those stops in the system. Loads of work actually.

Fingers crossed it will be solved.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with your Porsche Charging Card everything has the same price right? 30 cent ish per kwh for 250kw+. I used it like this on my 6.000km roadtrip a few weeks ago. At first I thought I only wanted to charge at Ionity or Fastned in France, but everything has the same price with the Porsche Charging Card.

I will follow this thread, because I don't want to whitelist specific companies like you want (Ionity), but I want to blacklist a few like LIDL charging in France. And if there is a setting, we probably can use it for both our usecases
If you check MyPorsche app, you will see that networks other than Ionity will also carry a charge per minute! And since the HPC perhaps does not deliver the stated kW power you might stay there for a longer time!

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
If you check MyPorsche app, you will see that networks other than Ionity will also carry a charge per minute! And since the HPC perhaps does not deliver the stated kW power you might stay there for a longer time!
We are talking about pennies per minute right? Its debateable if driving to Ionity only is cheaper than paying a few pennies per kwh. Driving further to Ionity only will cost more kwh’s and time, so probably not cheaper than just every HPC right?

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We are talking about pennies per minute right? Its debateable if driving to Ionity only is cheaper than paying a few pennies per kwh. Driving further to Ionity only will cost more kwh’s and time, so probably not cheaper than just every HPC right?
Well the difference I have experienced has been nearly twice the Ionity price. Ionity here is 0.33 Euro, while average prices at ENBW and Pulse chargers have been 0.60 Euro per kWh. And in the U.K. it has been a real disaster since the chargers I stopped at did not deliver anyway near the stated power. So 12 - 15 minutes extra were an additional 6- 7 Pounds. At Ionity prices that would be close to 100 km extra in that case.

trixxiee_CH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo 2023
Country flag
A follow-up question to that. I have seen somewhere that a premium version of ABRP can use live data from Porsche. What does that actually mean? Does it read SoC of the battery? Can I just use ABRP as a navigation system (using CarPlay) and when traveling to a destination it will select and direct me to chargers of my choice depending on the current SoC?
Sponsored