Charger availability sometimes missing from map

sjh2405

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
On a rare occasion it will show the charger symbol on the map but almost always will not show the availability. However most times recently it has shown nothing at all even as I am passing a charger I now to be there and working. And yes I have experienced similar issues when there is a map update, the information disappears as soon as the update has happened.
Sponsored

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Just had this myself for the first time.

Chargers were showing in the map, but all grey. None of the info I've seen and loved previously showing the number of chargers and number in use, no ability to click on one to see more info.

Interestingly the car did just get a map update. So I wonder if the good detail will come back in a day or two after the datasets sync up???

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Just had this myself for the first time.

Chargers were showing in the map, but all grey. None of the info I've seen and loved previously showing the number of chargers and number in use, no ability to click on one to see more info.

Interestingly the car did just get a map update. So I wonder if the good detail will come back in a day or two after the datasets sync up???
That happens to me at every map update! Standard operating procedure! The charger information normally come back once you have switched the car off for some time ( 15 minutes or so). Then it will be visible until the next map update.

This is a major flaw in the PCM that has been there since 2020 and Porsche have not got a clue how to fix it. I have tried Smartmobility and Porsche Service but no progress!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Aaaaand they're back.

Comforting in a weird sort of way - helped the OH ease her range anxiety on a long trip this weekend. And seeing how quick it charged first hand doubly so.

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is a major flaw in the PCM that has been there since 2020 and Porsche have not got a clue how to fix it. I have tried Smartmobility and Porsche Service but no progress!
Sadly, that describes a lot of the connected experiences in PCM. The things that are local to the vehicle seem to be fine (the instrument cluster, the settings etc), but things that rely on the cloud services like the map overlays and the Apple music/podcasts integrations, seem to have random problems. I thought for a while it was related to the poor connectivity over the Verizon network in my garage, so it turned on without a network, but I have seen it "lose" Apple Music (greyed out) after a brief stop in an area with decent network coverage. Porsche's software engineers seem to just struggle with connected services ☹
Sponsored