ukleinschmidt

First Name
Uwe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Honestly, from all I've seen on the charging UX it really looks like it was left up to the engineers implementing the back end to just implement a UI, hence the UI seems to match the under the hood implementation. In other words, user experience was never designed at all. If same engineers were to design a UI for saving a file, rather than one "Save" button they would have 3 buttons "Open", "Write", "Close", and each button would open a dialog box with options matching the API parameters, such as "overwrite", "append", "block size", etc. :rolleyes:

Sadly, this happens a lot in engineering organizations. I have in past been responsible for convincing managements that we needed a UX team in addition to an engineering team.
For some unknown reason I have more faith in the Porsche organization. They should have asked Tesla or just looked at the Tesla app. I use it for my house to monitor Solar production and Powerwall charging. Super easy to understand. Anyway, this forum is probably not read by Porsche. I am glad I figured it out by now.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
For some unknown reason I have more faith in the Porsche organization. They should have asked Tesla or just looked at the Tesla app. I use it for my house to monitor Solar production and Powerwall charging. Super easy to understand. Anyway, this forum is probably not read by Porsche. I am glad I figured it out by now.
So you have faith that Porsche in fact had a UX/UI team come up with this design on purpose, and that they thought it would be a great user interface? :whatsgoingon:

UI is a lot like a joke - if you have to explain it, it's not a good one.

ukleinschmidt

First Name
Uwe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
So you have faith that Porsche in fact had a UX/UI team come up with this design on purpose, and that they thought it would be a great user interface? :whatsgoingon:

UI is a lot like a joke - if you have to explain it, it's not a good one.
The real problem is it doesn’t matter what we think, Porsche needs to change it and how do we get to them?
Sponsored