Mmcdonough

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tycan
Country flag
Charging port will not disengage. I was utilizing a third-party charging station and when I ended the charge the handle would not release. I called a third-party charging station where they shut down all power to the station. This still would not allow the handle to be disengaged. Inside the car on the control panel I tried to initiate a release, however this did not work as well. I was forced to pull the ripcord hidden in the door jam.Consequently I ended up with a dead 12 V battery. The car is at the shop getting serviced. Anybody else have this problem?
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had a few times where the charging cord would not disengage when I pressed the release button next to the plug. One time I recall I had the driver's door left open when I was walking around to the plug the other time I don't recall full details, but in each case my solution was to close all doors, lock the car and then unlock the car then press the button to release the cord and it would release and the little light would come on above the plug to let you know that it has released the lock.

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Charging port will not disengage. I was utilizing a third-party charging station and when I ended the charge the handle would not release. I called a third-party charging station where they shut down all power to the station. This still would not allow the handle to be disengaged. Inside the car on the control panel I tried to initiate a release, however this did not work as well. I was forced to pull the ripcord hidden in the door jam.Consequently I ended up with a dead 12 V battery. The car is at the shop getting serviced. Anybody else have this problem?
Sometimes, they are a bit tight and resist the trigger releasing. If that is the problem, pushing IN on the and lessens the friction and allows the trigger to disconnect. Certainly worth trying before resorting to the ripcord.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have had a few times where the charging cord would not disengage when I pressed the release button next to the plug. One time I recall I had the driver's door left open when I was walking around to the plug the other time I don't recall full details, but in each case my solution was to close all doors, lock the car and then unlock the car then press the button to release the cord and it would release and the little light would come on above the plug to let you know that it has released the lock.
I almost always have the driver's door open when I unplug so that is not the issue. I have noticed that the latch mechanism at some EA charger cords is wearing out already and sometimes it wouldn't latch or wouldn't release easily. I always have trouble with specific chargers and it takes several tries and some physical strength.
Sponsored