AmineS

First Name
Amine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540i, Ducati Panigale V4S, BMW R1200GS, RWD
Country flag
Are you sure that the door didn't close while the EVSE was still attached? If so, power off, lock the car and reopen.

If not the you could have a charge port failure rather than a charge port door problem.
Thanks Winge, both cases I don’t like this situations. The car is 4 months old
Sponsored

OP
OP
W1NGE

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks Winge, both cases I don’t like this situations. The car is 4 months old
Apologies, I wasn't clear. Sometimes after removing the DC EVSE connector to your car the plastic flap on the charge port doesn't spring shut. When this happens and you don't notice, the door then closes it will reopen automatically as it hits the obstruction and you will have a "charge port door impaired" orange warning. This is normal and will self clear.

Age of car is not really relevant. If this is the explanation then you could get the warning error on your first DC charge. I've had it several times all due to my own mistake.

Scuba1230

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718S BMW X5 45e BMW 530D
Country flag
Read and re-read the owners manual before selecting options…….Ticked the box for the electric charge ports as the vents are blocked therefore helping to keep the car cleaner for longer. Looks and convenience were a bonus but beginning to question my decision when the right ( ac ) door failure message appeared on the dash today. Car is 7 months old. As I was going into town for a top up while I parked, I assumed the DC port would work. On arrival at the public 22kw charger it also failed. So that scuppers my journey plans for tomorrow where DC charging was essential. No Taycan. Back to a diesel loaner. The manual cover can be opened with a tool and then charged as normal, but with the electric port, only ac is available after emergency opening, as DC fast charging is disabled until it is checked by the dealer. If I go with Taycan again I will go for the manual cover.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Read and re-read the owners manual before selecting options…….Ticked the box for the electric charge ports as the vents are blocked therefore helping to keep the car cleaner for longer. Looks and convenience were a bonus but beginning to question my decision when the right ( ac ) door failure message appeared on the dash today. Car is 7 months old. As I was going into town for a top up while I parked, I assumed the DC port would work. On arrival at the public 22kw charger it also failed. So that scuppers my journey plans for tomorrow where DC charging was essential. No Taycan. Back to a diesel loaner. The manual cover can be opened with a tool and then charged as normal, but with the electric port, only ac is available after emergency opening, as DC fast charging is disabled until it is checked by the dealer. If I go with Taycan again I will go for the manual cover.
Unfortunately manual cover doesn't help. I have it, forced opened it, but charging also blocked electronically if there is a door problem. It happened with me on the DC side as well, so up to the service repair only AC charge was possible on the other side.
Porsche Taycan Charging Port Impaired - "Left (or right) charging port impaired" error message IMG_4935

Porsche Taycan Charging Port Impaired - "Left (or right) charging port impaired" error message IMG_4966

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My manual DC/AC door has the impaired noticed and is stuck shut. I've tried using the tool to open it but had no luck.. don't want to force it any more in case I break it.
My other DC port is charging but itermittadily. So decided to call porsche assist today. AA chap turns up and I explain the issue and advise him that this week I will be covering about 500 miles over Wed/Thursday and will need fast charging to allow me to do this in time.
He says as the car is drivable and I have about 150 miles distance left, I will have to drive it to my dealer (about 45 miles away) and let them take a look at it. I explained that my dealer who I had contacted before them, advised i should ask for recovery, but they still refused.

It is pretty awful when you think you are buying into a club where you will be looked after, but all i ever end up doing is calling around and fixing stuff myself.

Annoying really.

Last edited:

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
FWIW, my 2020 Turbo is at the dealer having the driver's side charging door mechanism replaced (I have the motorized charge flaps). They determined that there was a problem with the limit sensors in the actuator mechanism that was leading to intermittent issues with the door, and they're replacing it under warranty. Sucks that I have to wait several days for the part to come from Porsche, but I'm hopeful that this puts the issue to rest.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My manual DC/AC door has the impaired noticed and is stuck shut. I've tried using the tool to open it but had no luck.. don't want to force it any more in case I break it.
My other DC port is charging but itermittadily. So decided to call porsche assist today. AA chap turns up and I explain the issue and advise him that this week I will be covering about 500 miles over Wed/Thursday and will need fast charging to allow me to do this in time.
He says as the car is drivable and I have about 150 miles distance left, I will have to drive it to my dealer (about 45 miles away) and let them take a look at it. I explained that my dealer who I had contacted before them, advised i should ask for recovery, but they still refused.

It is pretty awful when you think you are buying into a club where you will be looked after, but all i ever end up doing is calling around and fixing stuff myself.

Annoying really.
The Taycan is my first Porsche.

We had also ordered a Macan for the wife, but that is now cancelled. Reason being....

We all know that things do go wrong.
But it's how a company deals with these things that matters.

And sadly Porsche are just plain awful from my experience.
I would say I have had better customer service from every other brand of car I have owned unfortunately.

Great car. But it will be my first and last Porsche.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag

We had also ordered a Macan for the wife, but that is now cancelled. Reason being....

I would say I have had better customer service from every other brand of car I have owned unfortunately.

I'm really sorry to hear that has been your experience. I will say that my dealer has been really fantastic through dealing with the few issues that I've encountered. I suspect that individual dealers can make for rather different experiences.

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Sad to hear.
which dealer do you use?
I’ve often wondered if this site could have a ratings section for each dealer per country. Let the good ones shine and give the bad ones opportunity to improve.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Sad to hear.
which dealer do you use?
I’ve often wondered if this site could have a ratings section for each dealer per country. Let the good ones shine and give the bad ones opportunity to improve.
I have used 3 different ones in the 2 years I've owned the car - trying to get better service.

It appears to me, the problem (in the UK at least) is there simply aren't enough trained staff in the service departments.

I have booked in for the latest update. 5 weeks was the first available slot.

In the meantime I've tried to get back in touch with the service dept, but they are always busy.... 'sorry there's nobody free, I will get someone to call you back'.

And then you hear nothing.

Call again.... Same..... Rinse and repeat.
It really annoys me. If I ran my business like that I would expect to go bust.

Went to BMW last week to look for new car for wife.

Reactions: B61

UKTIVO

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have used 3 different ones in the 2 years I've owned the car - trying to get better service.

It appears to me, the problem (in the UK at least) is there simply aren't enough trained staff in the service departments.

I have booked in for the latest update. 5 weeks was the first available slot.

In the meantime I've tried to get in touch with the service dept, it they are always busy.... 'sorry there's nobody free, I will get someone to call you back'.

And then you hear nothing.

Call again.... Same..... Rinse and repeat.

Went to BMW last week to look for new car for wife.
It really is the same story “unfortunately” all around. I’ve had to wait over 8 weeks now for my car to be looked at. It’s horrendous.
I’m currently considering and hoping to test drive a merc EQE AMG53. I’m just thinking it’s maybe time for a change/break.
Sponsored