Chassis Error and air suspension failure on MY23 GTS

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
My 2 month old GTS with 650 miles suddenly threw up a "Chassis Error" message.

Porsche Taycan Chassis Error and air suspension failure on MY23 GTS 20230624 Chassis Error

Shortly thereafter, the entire air suspension system stopped working and the car lowered to the lowest setting.
Tapping the lift button caused it to flash, but no change in height.

Currently at the dealer to be diagnosed/fixed. I suspect a compressor failure.

Has this happened to anyone else? This early?

I use SmartLift routinely to get up my steep driveway. The car stays in lift mode in my garage. When I leave home, the car lowers to regular per routine when I start driving. Could leaving the car lifted in the garage cause this air suspension failure?

Worried this is a harbinger of things to come...
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
My 2 month old GTS with 650 miles suddenly threw up a "Chassis Error" message.

20230624 Chassis Error.jpg

Shortly thereafter, the entire air suspension system stopped working and the car lowered to the lowest setting.
Tapping the lift button caused it to flash, but no change in height.

Currently at the dealer to be diagnosed/fixed. I suspect a compressor failure.

Has this happened to anyone else? This early?

I use SmartLift routinely to get up my steep driveway. The car stays in lift mode in my garage. When I leave home, the car lowers to regular per routine when I start driving. Could leaving the car lifted in the garage cause this air suspension failure?

Worried this is a harbinger of things to come...
Leaving lifted shouldn't lead to an issue like this. The worst that would happen is that the car would lower over time if left for an extended period.

Compressor / regulator failures aren't uncommon on any Porsche fiited with air suspension.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I had this problem on my 2020. The issue ended up being a pinched air line in the wiring harness.

CraigUrch

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
I got this once on my 2023 GTS ST just driving normally down the road, it went away after a restart and has never come back. I spoke with my service advisor about it and he told me to keep driving and let him know if it occurs again and he'll scan the car to see if there is an issue. He told me he's seen this a lot where you get a random one time error. I have since driven over a 1000 miles with no reoccurrence. So if your error went away after restart and hasn't come back you're probably fine. What my SA told me is these cars are really sensitive about any readings that are out of spec and throw the warning.

AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan GTS, ‘24 911 GT3 (992.1)
Country flag
I had a one-time occurrence while driving normally with our Taycan GTS approximately two months ago and just over one month after taking delivery. The car listed to one side and the suspension appeared to have ”locked up”, that is, there was no play in the suspension whatsoever - much more brittle than Sport Plus. I was close to home, so rather than risk a reboot where I might not have been able to restart the car, I drove home very cautiously to prevent any shocks to the suspension (no pun intended - really), restarted the car at home and the fault was resolved. This has not recurred again since then.

Note that my warning message was somewhat different from the one posted by vroomer as it reflects the fact that the car was listing to one side.

Porsche Taycan Chassis Error and air suspension failure on MY23 GTS IMG_3033

On one occasion while driving our 992 911 over a year ago, I saw six different warning messages repeatedly cycling in the dash cluster. Failures in six areas including, for example, rear-axle steering, LCA, LKA and power steering assist. I pulled over, switched off the ignition, restarted the car and the messages were gone. Even with the messages displayed, the car drove normally (including the power-assisted steering) although I wasn’t in an area where I would have noticed the other functions not working.

This confirms what others have said about these warning messages and sometimes related failures occurring randomly and that can be resolved with a reboot. Hopefully, there aren’t any failure modes that would create a hazard while driving.

JRemy

First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S & 2014 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
Country flag
How did you guys reboot the car? Is there a way to do this to try and clear any errors? I'm having a similar issue.

Porsche Taycan Chassis Error and air suspension failure on MY23 GTS IMG_1994

OP
OP
vroomer

vroomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, MB GLS 550
Country flag
Unfortunately rebooting didn’t fix anything. My car dropped and wouldn’t lift at all. Drove it carefully to dealer, ended up being a compressor failure which they replaced. In a 2 month old car. Anyhow, working fine now.

Last edited:

AtTheGlen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan GTS, ‘24 911 GT3 (992.1)
Country flag
Regarding how I rebooted both the Taycan and 911 end-of-the-world error messages described in my message #5, above, all I did was turn the ignition off and restart the car. I restarted the car right away in both cases have not seen these or any other alarming error notices appear since this past May for the Taycan and since June 2022 for the 911. I can't help but notice, though, how even this thread with just 8 messages includes three distinct chassis error conditions. I wonder how many more are available and waiting to appear! :)

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just happened to mine today. ‘23 GTS ST. Drove home and shut it off. Haven’t checked it again today and should be driving it again Tuesday. Hopefully it just clears and doesn’t happen again…if it does…off to the dealer she goes…

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Well, seems I got this error three times today while doing errants around town.

Chassis error in yellow showing the shock absorber followed by "drive modes disabled".

Let's see if it fixes itself tomorrow after a good night sleep. If not, it will be the first real issue I've had in 10 months and 15k km.

Bummer.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
No go. Chassis won't go up. Called my local dealer. Will have to activate Porsche assistance on Monday to get the car towed to the shop.

UGH
Sponsored