tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
I copied a bunch of iTunes songs to my 128Gb thumb drive. I bought a usb c to usb b adapter and in center console plugged in my thumb drive which also has my CoinOps video game download (all the games of 80s/90s that installs on arcade style platform I have in Gameroom.)
Well when I turned on USB from radio it started playing the demo video of all the games.

I could scroll through all 2000 of them and watch/listen to the games startup/demo. I was able to share a small video as well.

Now - How can I somehow interface a joystick and let passengers play as I drive!

I wasn’t sure how it processes directory structure but this was a kick to see these start playing.

Porsche Taycan CoinOps in Taycan 8EDFFDC9-DC6F-4427-9AC6-D533B601DA49

Sponsored

Last edited:

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Hmm... I suspect the demo videos are just that, videos. Not binaries that the car can executed by the OS. which even with modern day OS, have to run emulation to run most of these MAME ROMs.

The PCM interface can play video files on USB sticks. I suspect, you can probably find the same video files on your USB stick and play them with any video player on your PC.

-ThinkMac-