buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
From the photos, it looks like the Turbo S understeer around the curve, caught a lot of air (see the freshly exposed wood fibers high up on the tree trunk). Might of impacted right behind the B pillar at the roof line which would then cause the Taycan to pivot around the roof right down into the doors and then rotate around the trunk into its final position.

That is a frightening hit and I don't think there are any tests for that kind of impact. Trees don't move so if you hit a tree it's going to hurt BAD. Even worse when your vehicle weighs 5,000+ lbs. The heavier the car, the more force there is and when what you hit doesn't move, all that force (F=MA) is going right back at you thanks to Newton's 3rd law of motion.

Last edited:

HerrCooles

First Name
Herr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ice grey
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Taycan in rollover accident. 26408347-zu-einem-schweren-unfall-ist-es-am-eisenberg-mit-einem-geliehenen-porsche-taycan-turb

Wird wahrscheinlich wie bei einem Kopfstand mit dem Glasdach gegen den Baum sein.

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
In this video they say that the driver was actually an experienced driver working for Porsche.
The story about a motocycle coming into their lane is not really far fetched. I live in switzerland and on certain roads this happens to me every 10 minutes...

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
In this video they say that the driver was actually an experienced driver working for Porsche.
Is this the same car that it's in the original post?

It looks much more flattened in the photo ?

dckyoto

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I hope they are recovering well, looks like a horrific accident. Quite often with this kind of news there isn't enough follow up - I wish it were easier to track and make sure they are ok.

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The story about a motocycle coming into their lane is not really far fetched. I live in switzerland and on certain roads this happens to me every 10 minutes...
yeah, this is why I dashcam everything now.
Sponsored