Configuration Changes After Freeze Point?

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
I realize that the answer here should be a hard “No,” as that’s literally the point of the freeze date. But, figured I’d ask if anybody has had success trying to make a change/upgrade after their freeze date but before production starts?

The Mission E’s are calling my name but I froze on 3/31 :-/

Somebody give me to a reason to reach out to my sales guy without feeling like an idiot :)
Sponsored

F16HTON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Carrera, Taycan RWD
Country flag
All you can do is ask the sales associate/dealership management. Asking here will not accomplish your goal and is a distraction.

FWIW Rotiform makes a Mission-E inspired wheel that looks amazing and has impressive fitment. May be an option if you cannot get a change to your order.

Tim_G

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel
Country flag
I originally had a freeze date of 3/03 but I changed my config on 3/15. I think this was just the lock date to confirm a build slot for my 4S and not the real freeze date for the spec I chose.

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I was able to make changes a week past my freeze date. I think the one on track my dream is sooner than the actual date. Go ask before you miss it by a day because you were busy asking us and not your sales person.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can usually make changes up to a week or two after lock date with the understanding it may significantly delay your car.

OP
OP
Taycan24

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can usually make changes up to a week or two after lock date with the understanding it may significantly delay your car.
Just the motivation I needed, everybody. Thanks. Just sent a note to the dealer and was sure to emphasize the increased overall cost and that I’m perfectly good if it causes extra delays.

They got back to me right away and said they would see what they could do and let me know.

OP
OP
Taycan24

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lastly, to wrap this thread up in case anybody in the future is wondering about changes after Freeze dates.

Dealer got back to me within an hour to review and approve changes - so looks like it’s very possible up to Production date, especially if increasing the price of the car.

Now, how long this delays the car remains to be seen, but I’m a happy camper over here regardless.

GlasgowTaycanCT

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S ordered, LR Discovery, i8, Macan
Country flag
The freeze date often isn't the freeze date!

Your sales person might want to play it safe by telling you the freeze date is about a week before ACTUAL freeze date.
So the sooner you ask, the better.

In the past, I have been able to change my spec 7-10 after the date I am given because I know how my dealer works

*edited = just realised you have this sorted ?
Sponsored