Connect App Can't Connect

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2022 Targa 4S, 2018 E300
Country flag
The app cannot connect to EITHER my 2020 Taycan Turbo or 2022 Targa 4S. Connection status shows Porsche Server connected to my phone and my home Wi-Fi network but not to either vehicle. For each auto, app says "Vehicle Not Available."

Called my Porsche service tech who said he had received calls from others about no connection and assumed it was a PCNA issue with servers.

Any thoughts from anyone. I want to get app working so I can monitor charging etc.

Thanks.
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
The app cannot connect to EITHER my 2020 Taycan Turbo or 2022 Targa 4S. Connection status shows Porsche Server connected to my phone and my home Wi-Fi network but not to either vehicle. For each auto, app says "Vehicle Not Available."

Called my Porsche service tech who said he had received calls from others about no connection and assumed it was a PCNA issue with servers.

Any thoughts from anyone. I want to get app working so I can monitor charging etc.

Thanks.
An obvious question maybe but have you tried to use the new MyPorsche app to see if the connectivity might be related to gradual phasing out of support for the older Connect app?

Probably not but might be worth a try - however it usually requires that you delete the old app completely to make the new app fully functional.

PS: I ask as I have complete connectivity to my car right now via the new app so server access does not seem to be an issue for me here (Houston, TX).

OP
OP
Minnesotan

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An obvious question maybe but have you tried to use the new MyPorsche app to see if the connectivity might be related to gradual phasing out of support for the older Connect app?

Probably not but might be worth a try - however it usually requires that you delete the old app completely to make the new app fully functional.

PS: I ask as I have complete connectivity to my car right now via the new app so server access does not seem to be an issue for me here (Houston, TX).
I downloaded the new app, but when it said I needed to delete old Connect App I got cold feet :(
Hopefully someone out there still using the Connect App can advise me, otherwise I guess I can warm up my feet and march forward :)

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I downloaded the new app, but when it said I needed to delete old Connect App I got cold feet :(
Hopefully someone out there still using the Connect App can advise me, otherwise I guess I can warm up my feet and march forward :)
Could be wrong but deleting the app and reinstalling should not effect the data it taps into - but agree that might be good to just confirm with others using the Connect app.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
"via the new app": you mean latest version of MyPorsche app, or something else?

OP
OP
Minnesotan

Minnesotan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
BTW, took by 2020 Taycan Turbo into my dealership in response to a factory recall related to the airbag controller, and I asked dealership folks about fact that neither the "Connect" app or the "My Porsche" app would connect to my Tacyan, but both apps will connect to my 2022 Targa 4S.
Dealership looked into the issue and was advised by Porsche on high that it was an issue they were having with the Porsche servers connecting to some Taycans and they expected that fix would be be coming.

CarpeDM

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sadly, they haven’t fixed it yet. My 2022 Taycan doesn’t connect to P Connect or My Porsche. Apps shows that I’m in private mode but car shows that I’m not. Does anyone else have this issue?

Porsche Taycan Connect App Can't Connect 98AE1875-5B82-4531-8048-5B67DF68D6AE

Porsche Taycan Connect App Can't Connect CCAF9191-5FCC-474C-8774-9D7FB90B83AF

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I downloaded the My Porsche app on Friday - since then I have had several issues: over-charging error (90% instead of 85% as per my charging profile), no connection with the app (says car is in sleep mode), no LTE or Bluetooth in the mornings (and thus no CarPlay). I just deleted this app and reinstalled the Connect app to see if this makes a difference. Will report back.

porcha

First Name
H.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I downloaded the My Porsche app on Friday - since then I have had several issues: over-charging error (90% instead of 85% as per my charging profile), no connection with the app (says car is in sleep mode), no LTE or Bluetooth in the mornings (and thus no CarPlay). I just deleted this app and reinstalled the Connect app to see if this makes a difference. Will report back.
Update - after deleting the My Porsche App and going back to Porsche Connect there were no issues this morning. Could be unrelated - but seems odd!
Sponsored