Connect NA app for Android

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Are there others using the Porsche Connect for North America app on Android successfully? I would say the app works for me less than 5% of the time. The issues generally fall into one of three categories:

1. I get a login error or the login process just stalls
  2. I get logged in, but it then logs me out as soon as I navigate away from the app even for a second
  3. The app cannot connect with the Porsche servers. See screenshot
The third issue is the main one. It is really frustrating. You cannot do anything with the app because of #3.

When I use the same app on iOS (iPhone or iPad), I never have any issues. It works flawlessly.

I tried calling Porsche Connect support the other day but gave up after waiting on hold for about an hour. I will probably try them again. I work in software, and my guess is that they just don't pay much attention to Android because such a high percentage of Porsche owners are on iOS. However, they may want to rethink that if they want more people new to the brand like myself.

BTW, switching my phone to iOS is not in the cards for me. The Taycan is amazing, but I am too deeply invested in the Android ecosystem to switch for just one app.

Porsche Taycan Connect NA app for Android PorscheConnectAndroid
Sponsored

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
I switch between iOS and Android fairly often. The Connect app is garbage on both iOS and Android, but it's rotting garbage on Android.

I've found that force quitting it (from App Info, not swiping off the UI intent) can often 'fix' a lack of communication (they must be running a daemon that gets stuck). And clearing the data will fix things if that won't.

The need to constantly log back in is quite annoying. Weirdly, when you reboot the phone, it'll often remember its credentials and work, so they're doing something dumb that force quitting doesn't fix all the time. Kinda crazy.

Anyway, given the app doesn't really do much, it's annoying but not critical: I would continue to complain to connect support and hopefully they'll get on the ball. (There are many more Porsche apps for iOS; obviously their research shows that most of their users are on iOS.) I do wish they'd support Android Auto, too.

All that is to say: I feel your pain.