Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Link to the Porsche Connect Store, I saw some threads about enabling the WiFi hotspot, seems then want some cash for that on the store. Does anyone know if I can just plug my own data sim into the car. I can do that on the 911, so hopfully same on taycan.
https://connect-store2.porsche.com/gb/en?model=taycan_2020
Sponsored

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Link to the Porsche Connect Store, I saw some threads about enabling the WiFi hotspot, seems then want some cash for that on the store. Does anyone know if I can just plug my own data sim into the car. I can do that on the 911, so hopfully same on taycan.
https://connect-store2.porsche.com/gb/en?model=taycan_2020
I heard that you can not put an own SIM into the Taycan. That is very sad. But you only would need it for specials. So to open/close or heat you car you won't need it. The most important Things are included. My dealer told me that also Apple Music stream is included in hole Europe. After 3 years you will need to pay 1000€ for another 3 years. That is a lot but it includes a lot. So only for hotspot and google earth you will need extra internal SIM and pay about 20€/month.

Not so sure if all is true. Can anybody write something about that? I also saw an option where you can use an external WLAN. So you could make HOTSPOT with your Phone. Would be nearly the same.

andreas.tirol

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant B9
Country flag
Data Package (7 GB)
£19.00 / 30 Daysincl. 20% VAT

Login & registration
Connect to your Porsche – and to the whole world. Let your passengers browse, stream and share data using your personal WiFi Hotspot.
-------

So that should mean that this package is only need for HOTSPOT for other peoples in the car. Up to 8 devices. With the Connect Package you already have all connections included. about over 800 Pounds for 3 years. I mean that is a lot of money and of course you get the internet with it too. But not hotspot i guess. But that is not an important thing. You could also make Hotspot with your phone for passengers anyway.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m surprised you can’t just fit your own sim.

OP
OP
Gogs

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Might be using eSim.
Yeah, I was thinking that. But even though you should be able to choose which network you want to use and have your own account for data etc. I’d burn 10GB easy watching a few Netflix etc while charging etc.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Knowing Verizon, Porsche likely cut a deal with them that requires that the SIM or eSIM is carrier locked. If we can't switch, thanks Porsche for selling us out for a few bucks. Bleh, legacy CDMA carriers. (at least Sprint is dead)
Sponsored