Porsche Connect services and store down?

bluedonkey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Plugged in my car to charge this afternoon, no connection with the car so yet again I'm paying full rate at home instead of OVO Charge Anytime. The cost of these issues is now getting quite significant in terms of paying 30p/kwh instead of 7p over multiple full charges

Is that a fixed time window to charge in (not familiar with UK plans - here the peak rate is fixed by time and day)? If it is, you could use the profile in the car to limit how much peak rate is used (it will always charge to the level set in the profile, and the lowest I can set that to seems to be 25%). Then you can tell it the preferred charging time, and use the timer to tell it what state of charge you want to hit by a given time. It is the most complicated, convoluted charging timer I've ever seen, and it still doesn't let you block charging in peak times, but at least you can limit it.
Sponsored

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Is that a fixed time window to charge in (not familiar with UK plans - here the peak rate is fixed by time and day)? If it is, you could use the profile in the car to limit how much peak rate is used (it will always charge to the level set in the profile, and the lowest I can set that to seems to be 25%). Then you can tell it the preferred charging time, and use the timer to tell it what state of charge you want to hit by a given time. It is the most complicated, convoluted charging timer I've ever seen, and it still doesn't let you block charging in peak times, but at least you can limit it.
It’s not sadly, it’s where their app connects to Porsche Connect and manages the charge, turning it on/off according to the load on the National Grid. You then pay very little per kWh because in theory you’re using greener energy.

It relies entirely on the connection to the car, otherwise you just get charged full rate which is what’s been happening recently (full rate being 4x more expensive per kWh)

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I know it is not ideal – I too prefer to have the car control this – but is it possible to have a charger "talk" to your energy provider – turning on and off at appropriate times and then leave the car in "Direct Charge" mode?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It’s not sadly, it’s where their app connects to Porsche Connect and manages the charge, turning it on/off according to the load on the National Grid. You then pay very little per kWh because in theory you’re using greener energy.

It relies entirely on the connection to the car, otherwise you just get charged full rate which is what’s been happening recently (full rate being 4x more expensive per kWh)
Have you tried removing yourself from the Charge Anytime app and then re-adding?

I had an issue a few months back where the car would always charge to 100% for no obvious reason (85% was the setting). I deactivated my account and then immediately reactivated and it all worked perfectly after that.

This week I had my safety recall (battery test) and noticed that my 100% issue had returned that night - coincidence maybe. Not yet done the shimy but likely will have to in order to clear this bug.

Connectivity (so far) hasn't been an issue and what a pleasure it is to get a full charge from 50% for £3.50!!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I have a very irritating problem with my Connect Services for about a week or so. My car is parked a fair bit away from myself and I want to let it charge up to 80% - 85% , as I need it later today. It is standing plugged in but set at 45% SoC, which has worked the last 4 weeks.

LTE connection seems to work as I can get the status.
I can start pre heating the car and stop it
I can set a Timer and send it to the car and change it if necessary.

BUT I can not change my Profile to set the charge level to 85%. Only get a response. “” The server could not be accessed. Please again later””

why Would some services be operational but not the function to change the profile????

senwar

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 CT4
Country flag
LTE connection seems to work as I can get the status.
I can start pre heating the car and stop it
I can set a Timer and send it to the car and change it if necessary.

BUT I can not change my Profile to set the charge level to 85%. Only get a response. “” The server could not be accessed. Please again later””
I'm getting this also, can't find any details
Sponsored