Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Ha, that's a tad worrying as I just sold my ID.3 in prep for the big lad being here within the month :angry: Not sure I can cope with just the e-UP! for the family over multiple months!

I'm direct with the dealer but updates have been very limited. Ordered May too and was surprised to get a call out of the blue start of Aug to say my spec had already locked (which I was a tad annoyed at) and it was due end Sept..... let's see.
Hi Rick
Ive got my RWD also ordered from East London. Due sometime in December but freeze date is tomorrow(docusign not yet returned lol)
Im expecting it to be a bit delayed but we be selling my 997 this month as its in the ULEZ zone and have to car share with wife until delivery !!
Sponsored

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Ha, that's a tad worrying as I just sold my ID.3 in prep for the big lad being here within the month :angry: Not sure I can cope with just the e-UP! for the family over multiple months!

I'm direct with the dealer but updates have been very limited. Ordered May too and was surprised to get a call out of the blue start of Aug to say my spec had already locked (which I was a tad annoyed at) and it was due end Sept..... let's see.
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! Wonder if the difference is as simple as yours being a Turbo and mine a 4S? Honestly, I think one could go insane trying to fathom out the logic, if any, in the system!

I spoke to the supplying dealer‘s business manager and he did his best to downplay any expectations. If it drags on sufficiently long, I‘m not sure I’ve as much confidence in the government extending the BiK benefit long enough to make it worthwhile under the salary sacrifice scheme so may yet walk away (as it’s not yet been allocated a build slot after 4 months) and return to furiously overpowered and noisome ICE motors.

Last edited:

Rickpoisson

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.porsche-code.com
Vehicles
VW e-Up!, Taycan Turbo CT MY22 - delivered
Country flag
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! Wonder if the difference is as simple as yours being a Turbo and mine a 4S? Honestly, I think one could go insane trying to fathom out the logic, if any, in the system!

I spoke to the supplying dealer‘s business manager and he did his best to downplay any expectations. If it drags on sufficiently long, I‘m not sure I’ve as much confidence in the government extending the BiK benefit long enough to make it worthwhile under the salary sacrifice scheme so may yet walk away (as it’s not yet been allocated a build slot after 4 months) and return to furiously overpowered and noisome ICE motors.
Hang in there mate, it will be worth it in the end. This will be my 11th ev in 6 years and the spiritual successor to this little chap (hence the mamba green)

Porsche Taycan Cool Mamba Green CT Display 4407C9DB-BFFD-4298-8818-BCF4AA4081A6

Due to a sale of business getting a salary sacrifice scheme setup to purchase was going to take too long (and this was my main reason for going turbo as it was £45 a month more!) now I’m going to be paying cash which is a trifle scary but still looking forward to it.

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Hang in there mate, it will be worth it in the end. This will be my 11th ev in 6 years and the spiritual successor to this little chap (hence the mamba green)

4407C9DB-BFFD-4298-8818-BCF4AA4081A6.jpeg

Due to a sale of business getting a salary sacrifice scheme setup to purchase was going to take too long (and this was my main reason for going turbo as it was £45 a month more!) now I’m going to be paying cash which is a trifle scary but still looking forward to it.
Thanks man, I’ll stay with it for now, although I’m probably going to reduce the lease period due to BiK uncertainty. It’s a numbers game at the heart of it all, no matter how much I’d like to have the car. Beyond a certain tipping point I’ll go back to personal purchase of an AMG or some such and have one last ICE hurrah.