simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This reeks of yet another EV hit piece. It's as if the article is blaming the method of propulsion for brake failure, as if this could never happen in an ICE car!
Of course. It's to be expected from our collective hysteria. Sorry 'media'
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Statement today from Merseyside Police:
"We can confirm that following an investigation, a man has been arrested in relation to an incident on the M62 on Wednesday, March 6, when officers from the force's Roads Policing Unit were called to help stop a vehicle safely. An investigation, supported by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), is underway and a 31-year-old man from Bolton has been arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and causing a public nuisance."

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I remember the “unintended acceleration” stories and claims about Tesla a few years back. All turned out to be user error, trying to blame the car for resulting damages. Most were people confusing accelerator and brake pedals, and with EV’s instant torque it has a more drastic result than on ICE cars where it’s been happening for ages.

The only proven (in court) unintended acceleration that I heard of was a Toyota hybrid. Manufacturers have logs nowadays which can tell them what controls were pressed when, etc. Tesla may log more than most, but even Lexus 18 years ago was able to identify brake/accelerator confusion from car logs.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I've only just noticed that the original news article stated "He now claims he will never get in a Jaguar or an electric car again.", which links to a Torygraph article entitled
The great electric car lie is a monstrous deception against the British public
Ah, the delicious irony.
Sponsored