Are you cancelling due to Covid-19

• Total voters

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Worth asking them if it was just your car they forgot or all orders !!!
As if it’s all then I would suggest you join together and argue as it would make a better case
Sponsored

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Yes most of the dealers registered the cars on the portal the night they decided to cancel the grant.

If your order was in pre the grant changing I’d be arguing the toss with the dealership
I would not be negotiating with them at all. It was there responsibility to register the grant. If they haven’t done it they should cough up the £3500

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
They tried it with me too. They told me that the grant has been reduced so I only get £3000 rather than £3500 LOL. I told them if that was the case I should be getting nothing as my car is worth over £50k and that the grant is no longer applicable to cars over £50k. Luckily I had emailed my salesman in March on the deadline day to ask him to ensure he registers my car for the grant and he replied the next morning to confirm it was done. I had to dig out that email on collection and show the sales manager to eventually get the discount.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
They tried it with me too. They told me that the grant has been reduced so I only get £3000 rather than £3500 LOL. I told them if that was the case I should be getting nothing as my car is worth over £50k and that the grant is no longer applicable to cars over £50k. Luckily I had emailed my salesman in March on the deadline day to ask him to ensure he registers my car for the grant and he replied the next morning to confirm it was done. I had to dig out that email on collection and show the sales manager to eventually get the discount.
Just like ‘’Arthur Daly Car Sales ‘’
When are these dealerships going to give Customer
Service
And there is me thinking — we are in a recession??
Sorry no excuse — as it takes the shine of your new purchase and is completely unnecessary,
Enjoy your new arrival .

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
There were other issues too on collection too (not with the car but with their service!).

I may post a long thread about my experiences with Hatfield soon. Just waiting to see what the DP will do as he is now involved but does not look that bright even with his involvement tbh!

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 4 Cabriolet, Jaguar iPace
Country flag
In the end, we resolved the OLEV issue, and lets just say I am sure Porsche are glad they will never have this OLEV issue to deal with again thanks to Mr Rishi. My new blue baby is home and what a joy she is to drive. Very impressive and so looking forward to the weekend. My children think the ability to change the interior illumination far exceeds the dynamic handling qualities of rear wheel steering...

It is big though. I hadnt quite appreciated its actually longer than our XC90 and almost as wide. Careful with those kerbs and alloys folks...

kevinod

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera 971
Country flag
In the end, we resolved the OLEV issue, and lets just say I am sure Porsche are glad they will never have this OLEV issue to deal with again thanks to Mr Rishi. My new blue baby is home and what a joy she is to drive. Very impressive and so looking forward to the weekend. My children think the ability to change the interior illumination far exceeds the dynamic handling qualities of rear wheel steering...

It is big though. I hadnt quite appreciated its actually longer than our XC90 and almost as wide. Careful with those kerbs and alloys folks...
Did they take it on the chin for you?

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did they take it on the chin for you?
I didnt ask and they didnt say, but the grant found its way onto the invoice. There was a small issue that between registration and pickup i had changed my mind from cash to PCP to guarantee residual given the new models coming so soon, and this was a real issue to change. But the number was fixed and I didnt ask how !

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Careful with those kerbs and alloys folks...
That’s what surround view is for! Also heard today from a unverified source that Remote Park is an available ota purchase on cars fitted with surround view.

dfh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s what surround view is for! Also heard today from a unverified source that Remote Park is an available ota purchase on cars fitted with surround view.
Its pretty cautious on the warnings for anything close when parking. I suspect its programmed for American sized parking spaces, not British ones!

So far it does feel much smaller on the road somehow. Im hoping the handling will continue to thrill long after the acceleration trick wears off

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Life is just about back to normal for me in FL. Picked up my vehicle 2 days ago and am enjoying it alot.
Covid 19 has become the new normal in the USA. I have to admit I violated social distancing recommendation by attending one peaceful BLM protests in Midtown Atlanta in Georgia where I live, but well equipped a quality KN95 mask, I did try to stay 6ft, and showered immediately. States like Florida and Georgia have opened up at their peaks rather than lows. Florida is even going to have a Republican National Convention with 50,000 people with NO social distancing. The graphs below illustrate the bad leadership in the USA or total lack of leadership........

......Having said that.....driving the most amazing car currently being built can be done with plenty of social distancing......So if your finances are good, GO FOR IT!!!!

Our local dealer just received a 4S demo, so I may go an compare it to the Turbo I test drove before the pandemic. Still have put my plans on hold for buying, but have not requested by $2500 deposit I place in January 2019

Porsche Taycan Covid-19 - are you cancelling? Screenshot_20200614-115529_Chrome
Porsche Taycan Covid-19 - are you cancelling? Screenshot_20200614-115707_Chrome
Porsche Taycan Covid-19 - are you cancelling? Screenshot_20200614-115618_Chrome

Last edited:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The graphs below illustrate the bad leadership in the USA or total lack of leadership........
Would be nice to keep politics out of this place. Politics are everywhere as it is and if you want to get involved with those discussions there are plenty of places for that.

OP
OP
TAYC4N

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I started this thread and I tell you one thing, If I had cancelled and not taken delivery of this car I would be kicking myself!

If you can afford to buy it given the recession etc then please do. I appreciate many will no longer be able to buy the car now but I do sincerely hope the world economies bounce back in good time like they always have done.

This is a very very special car indeed.
Sponsored