Creaking noise from behind the instrument cluster

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
My Taycan is 10 months old. It recently started making a creaking noise from behind the left side behind the instrument cluster. Pushing hard on the plastic behind the instrument cluster (behind the headlights controls) make the creaking go away. Is this a known issue (with possible a simple fix), or is the Taycan only slightly better put together than a 2015 Model S which started its creaks after only 3 months instead of 10? Also, is it worth Porsche dealer fixing it, or will it be like Tesla, they fix it for a 2-4 weeks, then it comes back (until I fixed it myself for good)?
Sponsored

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
I usually have good result with PTFE dry spray.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
@whitex are you sure it’s from behind the instrument cluster? I used to get a similar rattling noise on certain roads (😬), but i found it’s from the cover of the steering wheel (at the base, just ahead of the soft cover as it goes under the dash). Haven’t heard it in a while, though.

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@whitex are you sure it’s from behind the instrument cluster? I used to get a similar rattling noise on certain roads (😬), but i found it’s from the cover of the steering wheel (at the base, just ahead of the soft cover as it goes under the dash). Haven’t heard it in a while, though.
Not sure exactly where it comes from, but pushing hard on the surface behind the IC makes it go away. In a Tesla I eventually pulled up the entire dash and added foam and VHB tape at all contact and mounting points, which took care of all the noises. It was a bunch of work though I would prefer to avoid. I was hoping Porsche was designed and assembled to not have such issues.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Mine has the same little creak from time to time coming from that same cover.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
In a Tesla I eventually pulled up the entire dash and added foam and VHB tape at all contact and mounting points, which took care of all the noises. [...] I was hoping Porsche was designed and assembled to not have such issues.
Idk, did you get the Porsche Foam, Fabric and Tape (PFFT) package? It's from Exclusive Manufaktur, and also available with 'deviated adhesive' (of course).

OP
OP
whitex

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Idk, did you get the Porsche Foam, Fabric and Tape (PFFT) package? It's from Exclusive Manufaktur, and also available with 'deviated adhesive' (of course).
I had the "Vehicle -> Drive ->Sport Creaking" unchecked before, but the setting disappeared in the latest update. Maybe it got enabled with XM trial for the holidays, to encourage the usage of XM? 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored