Cruise control skipping numbers

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Has anybody had issues where the cruise control would skip numbers i.e go from 35 to 37 then 45 to 47, 55 to 57 etc? Can I ask if it was an easy fix for the Porsche dealership?
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Hi. This is happening to me too and I’m convinced it wasn’t happening before the amb5 recall update. I think the actual speed adjusts when nudged up or down but the green indicator doesn’t record the intermediate numbers!

OP
OP

greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Yes it only started for me after giving the car in for a software update too! You're right, if you move it up from 40 then the green indicator will still show 40 but it will really be doing 41 as it should be. Have you had any other issues since the update?

Ajjra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve sen this as well. 72 mph does not exist as an option. Goes from 71 to 73 on the display but car will actually hold cruise at 72 even though display is still reading 71.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I’ve sen this as well. 72 mph does not exist as an option. Goes from 71 to 73 on the display but car will actually hold cruise at 72 even though display is still reading 71.
I have not seen that but the amount of time you hold the stalk while modifying speed does, by design, cause levels to jump. A quick action mods by 1 MPH. Hitting the stalk and holding it a while will mod by 2, 3 or more.

buruburu

First Name
Sherman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have not seen that but the amount of time you hold the stalk while modifying speed does, by design, cause levels to jump. A quick action mods by 1 MPH. Hitting the stalk and holding it a while will mod by 2, 3 or more.

Holding the stalk for ~2s will cause it go up to the next 5mph speed. e.g., if you're at 31 MPH, holding it for ~2 seconds will increment it to 35 MPH and if you keep holding it it'll go to 40, 45, 50, MPH etc. Another thing to keep an whether ACC / PID is keeping distance w/ the car in front of you.

I personally haven't noticed any issue post update and I pretty much use the cruise control functionality all the time when I drive.
Sponsored