CT OPTIONS

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
Hi , Iam think of ordering a CT . Is there any must have options or are there any complete waste of money options not to get .Thanks Sean
It's all so very subjective. Easy answer: there are no "must-have" options, and 80%-90% of Porsche's options are a "complete waste of money". The CT comes with a lot of goodies standard, anyway. If you never do long road trips, and only drive within 100-200 miles of home, there's probably almost nothing you really need to option, seriously. If you want to do long road trips, things like ACC and 14- or 18-way seats might be very beneficial. Safety-wise, the near-infrared "NVA" camera is something I'll always want. Cosmetic stuff (including larger wheels) is mostly a cash cow for Porsche and stuff that I mostly pass on (exterior paint and badging-removal excepted). If you have lots of money to burn, have at it -- make Porsche happy.
Sponsored

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Yes sport sound I've heard too many times is a gimmick. Test drove a car with it but left it off mine. Didn't make the experience anything more special and could save the $$ on something else. Rear axle not that great other than slow circle and low speed but you probably won't notice it in day to day driving...many I've talk to say its great on a sports car but so so on other models. Do make the weight/size seem less but others say they can't feel it. Sound proof/light weight glass...car is quiet as hell without the motor anyway and many of my friends say for example that when I call on BT it is the clearest they've ever heard like I am in the same room and I don't have the upgraded glass. Panoramic sunroof is a must to me...adds more head room and light and living here in tropics can testify that from the factory it doesn't add one bit of heat inside to the car. I do have ACC and its good on long drives and traffic but innovdrive no thanks. Bose IS okay for daily work..its a car not a music theatre. Off Road package....more like a sports areo package...not that its gonna really protect much off road and don't see everyone taking their CT into the hills and rock crawling either so yeah. Passenger display thought about it but didn't want my passengers messing all with my display and maps and not like I am doing daily rally driving when I need a navigator up in the car so nixed that too. But some love it as an option. One thing about Porsche...you get your options to choose from as much and as little as you like.

As many have said before its a purely objective thing as to what you choose and don't. What one like..the others may not.