Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
CT Not the Best family car ever with 1 year old and 4 year old children. However more spacious than 4 door Taycan :)
To make in an out more difficult also got the sport seats option.
question is, anybody with 2 children seats in the back? What brand did you buy?
not sure the actual seats in my Jag will fit the taycan rear bench…
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
There are two full sized seats in the back that fits adults comfortably. So you can fit any two car seats in the back. Whatever you're using now will work. If you want to fit three people in the back, that's a different problem.

Jase700

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I have been on carpool duty for a while with two kids.. i use one Wayb Pico for my almost 5 year old and then take a huge britax car seat for my younger child 2.5 years old in the other seat. No problems.

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
CT Not the Best family car ever with 1 year old and 4 year old children. However more spacious than 4 door Taycan :)
To make in an out more difficult also got the sport seats option.
question is, anybody with 2 children seats in the back? What brand did you buy?
not sure the actual seats in my Jag will fit the taycan rear bench…
I’ve been obsessively deliberating over whether I’m getting a 911 or a sport turismo so let me tell you the taycan seems ENORMOUS in the back! 😂 I’ve tried the Maxi Cosi Rodifix in the back of the taycan and they fit fine. Unless you wanted a third passenger back there but tbh I think that’s just blind optimism whatever the situation!

OP
OP

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Great feedbacks folks! Thanks!
Had to get back to Porsche at some point after I sold my Boxster… didn’t like any SUV box branded Porche and the Panamera wasn’t a great fit. I fell in love at first with the Taycan but couldn’t fit a pram/buggy in… the CT can take our buggy and the 4 year old bike. Bought the car immediately😃.

JonasOfNorway

First Name
Jonas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Great feedbacks folks! Thanks!
Had to get back to Porsche at some point after I sold my Boxster… didn’t like any SUV box branded Porche and the Panamera wasn’t a great fit. I fell in love at first with the Taycan but couldn’t fit a pram/buggy in… the CT can take our buggy and the 4 year old bike. Bought the car immediately😃.
Imade this a while back:

i now have 3 kids, and one is in front and wife rides in the middle in the backseat for shorter trips (she is slim). I have found a type of carseat that will fit 3 kids in the back, but 2 of them have to be 4+ (atleast).

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I used a 911 for many years for my three kids. I tried various brands, but I really did have the best luck with Porsche branded car seats as they seemed to adapt better to the Porsche seats, which is not all that surprising. The 911 worked great for transporting the kids until the teenage years . . . when I used it to spend one-on-one time with each of them.

And I would argue that the Taycan Cross Turismo would be a great family car. In our house, whenever we refer to the "family car", we are always talking about the 911 even though we have the Taycan CT and SUVs. This goes back to when my wife told me that we were going to have twins within 13 months of having our first born child. I had a Boxster S at the time, and my wife marched in and said that the "Porsche must go." I objected because we also had a minivan. She pointed out that if I were home alone with all three kids and had to go to the hospital, I would not be able to do so if she had the minivan. Fair enough. I promptly sold the Boxster S and came home in a 911 Targa in which I had installed two baby seats in the back seats and a third in the passenger seat. She saw me driving up and was pissed. When she approached the rolled-down window, I pointed to the back with the two baby seats (and another in the passenger seat) and said "Look, family car." She started laughing and the name has stuck since then through various 911s.

Porsche Taycan CT with 2 children, seats options IMG_0665

Porsche Taycan CT with 2 children, seats options SIDE

Porsche Taycan CT with 2 children, seats options FRONT TARGA

Last edited:
OP
OP

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
You certainly can adapt children to you life style. My main worry driving the Boxster with my baby on the passenger seat was about safety. Not very safe in a car crash… same as any 3 doors car. It can take quite a lot of time to cut the roof off if fireman had to intervene… however I talk like on old man this days, ignore me :). last summer I took my family on a trip with my 1976 volvo 240 when after 50 miles I could smell petrol. Decided to stop to have a look under the bonnet… you never k ow with old cars. Thanks the Gods of Nature I did. The carb was leaking, and dripping directly into the exhaust manifold.
luckily for our Holidays and mucky children fun weekends I have a T6 Caravelle. However I know this will not be enough to avoid destruction of our Taycan’s interior 😳😳😳.

Last edited:

e92er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Imade this a while back:

i now have 3 kids, and one is in front and wife rides in the middle in the backseat for shorter trips (she is slim). I have found a type of carseat that will fit 3 kids in the back, but 2 of them have to be 4+ (atleast).
What seats did you find that will fit 3??

Dollymite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG C43
Country flag
I used a 911 for many years for my three kids. I tried various brands, but I really did have the best luck with Porsche branded car seats as they seemed to adapt better to the Porsche seats, which is not all that surprising. The 911 worked great for transporting the kids until the teenage years . . . when I used it to spend one-on-one time with each of them.

And I would argue that the Taycan Cross Turismo would be a great family car. In our house, whenever we refer to the "family car", we are always talking about the 911 even though we have the Taycan CT and SUVs. This goes back to when my wife told me that we were going to have twins within 13 months of having our first born child. I had a Boxster S at the time, and my wife marched in and said that the "Porsche must go." I objected because we also had a minivan. She pointed out that if I were home alone with all three kids and had to go to the hospital, I would not be able to do so if she had the minivan. Fair enough. I promptly sold the Boxster S and came home in a 911 Targa in which I had installed two baby seats in the back seats and a third in the passenger seat. She saw me driving up and was pissed. When she approached the rolled-down window, I pointed to the back with the two baby seats (and another in the passenger seat) and said "Look, family car." She started laughing and the name has stuck since then through various 911s.

IMG_0665.jpeg

SIDE.jpeg

FRONT TARGA.jpeg
For Pete’s sake! Now you’ve sent me back into the deliberation spiral! My heart is with the 911, my head is taycan all the way. (The taycan is virtually half the price of the 911 if I buy it through my company.) I also live in quite a rural area with potholed roads and worry how the 911 might fare… I think the dream may have expired for me!

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
I've got 2x radian diono's in my back seat. could fit a 3rd in a pinch if i had to. they are one of the few narrower car seats on the market.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
+1 for Diono. The Taycan side bolsters are a bit narrow so a narrow seat like the Dionos fit well between the bolsters.

My 5yo kid is in a booster now, which is a bit wider, and I find adding a pad underneath results in less interference with the bolsters. Also, I just learned there are seat belt extenders which are great so your kid can put on their own seat belt. https://a.co/d/bhMJQAu

One word of caution, for some reason the iso fix latches are not closed off behind them so they’re like an abyss if anything falls in to them.

FLT6LVR

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 911S
Country flag
We have a Cybex Sirona: it has a huge age/weight/height range and it rotates. The Taycans low roofline made it hard to put rear facing seats in. The Sirona let us put our daughter in facing us and then rotate her to rear or forward facing.

The seat is pricey but worth it IMO, especially with the low Taycan roofline (admittedly better on the CT). It also has some fancy system that alerts your phone if you forget your child or it gets too hot (haven’t used that one yet).

Used in rear facing mode the seat consumes a lot of legroom. In forward facing mode it’s not an issue. It’s one of the only seats for older kids that has a load leg.

F6L
Sponsored