Seanh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross turismo
Country flag
Hi , Iam think of ordering a CT . Is there any must have options or are there any complete waste of money options not to get .Thanks Sean
Sponsored

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
RWS - shrinks turning radius
Chrono Sport - Like it more than I thought I would. mode dial is very convenient. Get compass instead of clock.
PID (Porsche Inno Drive) - seems like a waste - don't see any difference between this & ACC.
Thermal / Noise insulation glass - so quiet inside.
+1 rear seats - changes rear seat pattern into 14-way pattern. If you have 18-way seats up front, I suggest don't go +1.
Passenger screen - barely used.
400v option - must-have, future proof a bit. Hoping Tesla Supercharge network opens up.
Blue or Black front DRL housing accents - waste of money.

-ThinkMac-

Reactions: B61

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Good advice above.
Some more (cheap) options
Auto dimming mirrors
Folding mirrors.
Rear side airbags especially if you have kids.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Don't forget sports sound (marmite)

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi , Iam think of ordering a CT . Is there any must have options or are there any complete waste of money options not to get .Thanks Sean
How do you plan to use the car? (Primarily short commuting? Longer drives? Sporty driving? Light duty off roading?). These will greatly refine what is must have vs a waste for you. The interesting thing about the Porsche brand is that the same vehicle can be optioned to optimize for entirely difference purposes….especially the Taycan CT.

Jay_Walking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90
Country flag
Something I didn't think worth having was the electric sound option - but I've changed my mind and I'll look to have it added.

When I am out doing DIY in the front garden I'd see a car go by. I've seen it quite a few times now - it's a VW ID3. I only notice it once it's gone a little past and I've had my back to it as it approaches. It's that silent that you don't hear it coming.

2 days ago someone who lives, sort of, around the corner has got themselves a black Turbo saloon. I can actually hear that car approach - even of I have my back to it as it approaches. I'm 100% sure that is the electric sound option.

I now think it's a good safety option especially when you want to turn left. Might seem 'gimmicky' in the car but if it helps me avoid an incident then I'd say money well spent.

I've also gone for rear side airbags.

I'm going to be leasing a CT4S so my options were based on what I 'needed' as a base rather than - what I wanted for pure luxury. I therefore skipped bigger wheels, sport chrono, full leather, and ambient lighting - which many people go for.

I have spec'd the standard interior in the light/chalk colour - but If you're buying then I'd say full leather is a 'must' for resale. I've sat in one with full (chalk) leather and it really is very nice!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Something I didn't think worth having was the electric sound option - but I've changed my mind and I'll look to have it added.

When I am out doing DIY in the front garden I'd see a car go by. I've seen it quite a few times now - it's a VW ID3. I only notice it once it's gone a little past and I've had my back to it as it approaches. It's that silent that you don't hear it coming.

2 days ago someone who lives, sort of, around the corner has got themselves a black Turbo saloon. I can actually hear that car approach - even of I have my back to it as it approaches. I'm 100% sure that is the electric sound option.

I now think it's a good safety option especially when you want to turn left. Might seem 'gimmicky' in the car but if it helps me avoid an incident then I'd say money well spent.

I've also gone for rear side airbags.

I'm going to be leasing a CT4S so my options were based on what I 'needed' as a base rather than - what I wanted for pure luxury. I therefore skipped bigger wheels, sport chrono, full leather, and ambient lighting - which many people go for.

I have spec'd the standard interior in the light/chalk colour - but If you're buying then I'd say full leather is a 'must' for resale. I've sat in one with full (chalk) leather and it really is very nice!
The sound you are hearing is not the electric sport sound but rather the pedestrian warning sound (required by law). Taycan will have this too of course as standard.

The Electric Sport sound is something quite different and provides synthesised sound inside the car. Personally I wouldn't choose it again as I never have it switched on now that the novelty has warn off. If you want to drive inside a video game then fine but honestly it is a waste of money IMHO.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
The Electric Sport sound is something quite different and provides synthesised sound inside the car.
Well, it’s not inside sound only… if you order sports sound, additional outside speakers are installed.
IMO, it’s very useful (safety) feature and i’m using it quite often, to warn animals and pedestrians….

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well, it’s not inside sound only… if you order sports sound, additional outside speakers are installed.
IMO, it’s very useful (safety) feature and i’m using it quite often, to warn animals and pedestrians….
Realise that but there is already an audible pedestrian sound at low speed without attracting attention to yourself - spend the money on something that you don't have and more useful IMHO.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Realise that but there is already an audible pedestrian sound at low speed without attracting attention to yourself - spend the money on something that you don't have and more useful IMHO.
i was testing pedestrian sound on my neighbour’s flock of sheep….they didn’t react at all.
next day, when i turned sports sound on, they were running away…

ismelllikepoop

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 T
Country flag
I wanted my wife to get RAS, but she didn't care and optioned more cosmetic stuff. I drove it for a few days and it was totally fine. Our X7 on the other hand.....

chylld

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S
Country flag
The sound you are hearing is not the electric sport sound but rather the pedestrian warning sound (required by law). Taycan will have this too of course as standard.

The Electric Sport sound is something quite different and provides synthesised sound inside the car. Personally I wouldn't choose it again as I never have it switched on now that the novelty has warn off. If you want to drive inside a video game then fine but honestly it is a waste of money IMHO.
Same opinion here. ESS was cool for a few days but the novelty wore off very quickly. The car makes enough sound (both inside and out) even with ESS off.

Rear axle steering has been an absolute blessing. It's a much bigger car than our previous family hauler, yet is so much more nimble. Tight parking garages are amazingly easy to navigate.

Panoramic roof has also been amazing, especially for the kids. Massaging seats are surprisingly also quite nice to have, we use those on a regular basis.

One option I wouldn't tick next time is the Burmester sound system. It gives a very 'full' sound but not actually very pleasing to the ear. It reminds me of a custom speaker system I made years ago that had perfect frequency response, but wasn't actually nice to listen to. It doesn't hold a candle to the Mark Levinson system you'll find in a Lexus. The Taycan loaner that I had for a few days had the base audio and to be honest, it was "good enough". Maybe stump up some cash for the Bose at most.
Sponsored