Dash rebooted while driving

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Today I did my longest drive since getting the car, 120 miles to the Bay Area in about 100 degree heat. Half way through the trip as I was cruising down the I-5, my dash turned off for a few secs and then rebooted. CarPlay still worked etc.

When it came back up, all of my driver assistance functions were disabled with a white warning message - service necessary. So I completed the remaining 50-60 miles without adaptive cruise, lane change assist etc. Quite annoying to have no cruise.

Theother annoying thing was that the trip computer reset for info since charging. Info since was correct. Very weird. I was trying to see how many miles I would get on the freeway, I think my range would be 300 easy.

The standard switch car off and leave alone for 20 mins fixed the problem.

In other news “power button error” which was fixed with a software update has reoccurred.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
When it came back up, all of my driver assistance functions were disabled with a white warning message - service necessary. So I completed the remaining 50-60 miles without adaptive cruise, lane change assist etc. Quite annoying to have no cruise.
Did you try turning them back on using the button at the tip of the cruise control stalk? Something similar happened to me once (all driver assistance functions were disabled with the white warning message) but I was able to immediately turn them back on using that button.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I am having more problems with the PCM since the OTA update. I was also driving and tapped on the screen and the PCM crashed and said “loading guest“. It then rebooted but still had me logged in and not in guest mode. Ever since that happened it is like a crap shoot in the morning. Will Apple Music/Podcasts icons be visible/working/not working.. Etc. Annoying.

Why can‘t they get a stable and functioning PCM?

OP
OP
Henke

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you try turning them back on using the button at the tip of the cruise control stalk? Something similar happened to me once (all driver assistance functions were disabled with the white warning message) but I was able to immediately turn them back on using that button.
I did but it would not work. Every time I tried it, I would get the error message in the dash again.
Sponsored