PCM and all screens reboot while driving

Kuo246

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Help! Anyone have their screens just freeze up and shut off for 30 seconds and reboot randomly? Happens to me once a week when I’m talking on my phone via carplay

taking into dealer but hey can’t get me in till
Next week

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The instrument screen behind the steering wheel rebooted while I was driving last week but PCM screen was on.
This and several other small glitches all happened for the first time when the weather was rainy as if the car has a problem with wet weather.

Good luck with the dealer, they will probably be clueless.

Dennisr

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan base
Country flag
I joined the forum to specifically research this issue. 2021 base with <800 miles just displayed this exact behavior while driving down the road yesterday. My wife initiated an iphone call which was bluetooth connected, but not CarPlay connected. I will report it to my dealer but want to avoid the 1 week in the shop with a "no problem found" diagnosis. Have other experienced the same issue?

Last edited:

Dennisr

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan base
Country flag
The instrument screen behind the steering wheel rebooted while I was driving last week but PCM screen was on.
This and several other small glitches all happened for the first time when the weather was rainy as if the car has a problem with wet weather.

Good luck with the dealer, they will probably be clueless.
I would suggest the failure of the instrument cluster is quite severe and much more dangerous than a PCM failure. The dealer and brand should be keenly interested and concerned when you report this.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I would suggest the failure of the instrument cluster is quite severe and much more dangerous than a PCM failure. The dealer and brand should be keenly interested and concerned when you report this.
They couldn't be less interested when I reported it. The response was "let's see if it happens again after the software update..".

The car did not record any error codes either. It did not even have any error codes when I had a ParkAssist error sayin "Service Required". So these intermittent glitches do not leave any traces for the Porsche to diagnose.

Last edited:

LaRu

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I am experiencing this issue also with my loaner 4S. My 4S has been in service for 15 days after third ride.

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I had the PCM reboot while driving for about 60 minutes numerous times. It required me to log back in and then it worked for about 20 minutes and did it again. This is a major distraction especially when using Navigation on CarPlay. Is this a common problem? It seems to be a big issue as it impacts safety.

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Help! Anyone have their screens just freeze up and shut off for 30 seconds and reboot randomly? Happens to me once a week when I’m talking on my phone via carplay

taking into dealer but hey can’t get me in till
Next week

Rock

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Infotainment Rebooting - I was using Google Maps via Apple CarPlay and think the reboot issues are related to the active connection via the Taycan 4s’s VPN having an issue when my Mobile phone loses cell signal for a few minutes. It could cause the system to reboot since the phone is losing its connection to Google Maps and Pandora for a few minutes and for some reason the Infotainment system rather than waiting for connectivity to be restored issues a reboot command to the system. This is dangerous when driving the car as it requires you to take your eyes off the road and reboot the Infotainment. Please reference the attached image (IMG – 0024.pdf). I have sent this inquiry into Porsche and have not received a response yet.

Attachments