Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Here's my charging model. Its very complicated:

- Set the default Charge Level to %85
- Plug in the car whenever its in the garage

(done)

* Temporarily boost the Charge Level to %100 on the very rare occasion I have a long trip in the morning.
This is what I do as well, with the exception that I don't plug it in every day. Just don't need to charge nearly every time I park it in the garage. But anyway that is a good & simple approach.
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
This is what I do as well, with the exception that I don't plug it in every day. Just don't need to charge nearly every time I park it in the garage. But anyway that is a good & simple approach.
The best part is that it becomes second nature to just plug the car in any/every time you park it. Doesn't matter if its for 5 minutes or 5 days. Just plug it in when you park it. Done.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Here's my charging model. Its very complicated:

- Set the default Charge Level to %85
- Plug in the car whenever its in the garage

(done)

* Temporarily boost the Charge Level to %100 on the very rare occasion I have a long trip in the morning.
Completely agree with that philosophy. That's what I was trying to recommend above as well. I do the same for my current EV.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Additionally, Tesla's credo has always been that "A plugged in Tesla is a happy Tesla". They specifically recommend just plugging it in when not in use.
Tesla also recommends that you set the charge level to 90% and forget about it. They also recommend to only charge to 100% for a long trip.

There have been a lot of research behind all of these recommendations and not to follow that seems wrong.

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
Tesla also recommends that you set the charge level to 90% and forget about it. They also recommend to only charge to 100% for a long trip.

There have been a lot of research behind all of these recommendations and not to follow that seems wrong.
If Porsche doesn't understand this, and they haven't developed the software to support this type of a model, it will be a huge FAIL!

KerbMonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag

Need to remember that there is virtually no upper buffer on Tesla’s now. Its one way they magically unlocked performance and also why they appear to be ahead on range.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Need to remember that there is virtually no upper buffer on Tesla’s now. Its one way they magically unlocked performance and also why they appear to be ahead on range.
Yes I know and that is why I said that until we can see the charge level on an individual cell, we will not know the real situatio.
Sponsored