Dead Car

Henke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The recall update fixed some software issue but there are more issues (both hardware and software) that can still lead to loss of automotive power. When that happens the wheels get locked and they do not free spin. I experienced a software issue like that AFTER the recall was performed but luckily I was on a parking lot so no accident.

I locked the car for 20 mins and restarted and problem was gone but so was mu patience and trust to the car.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/2020-taycan-4s-vs-2021-ford-mach-e-gt.7046/post-102050
I feel like I’m on a ticking clock waiting for this to happen next. It ruins the enjoyment of a great car.
I guess this is a concern that I have but on the other hand, I wonder how common it is? All cars have issues although this is an extremely dangerous one. If it's one car in thousands, the risk is low, if it's more prevalent then it becomes a much bigger concern.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
this is my nightmare after I freeroll died on highway 1 cliff side.

high speed instabrick on the California freeway could kill everyone. Was it a regen like hard stop or a full lock up screeching tires stop
It was a hard stop, a shudder to a stop not a rolling stop or slow regain/breaking stop

OP
OP
SFEVER

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
Assuming his vehicle is a 2020, I thought they fixed the instabrick issue with the software updates?
I had all the updates done and it was due to go in the next day for another new update but failed the day before... There where sings something was off like the car showing less and less range after a completed charging session range
I think that’s a $40k+ repair, is it not?
I have no idea of the cost its all covered under the warranty. I will inquire when I collect it once its repaired.

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
Aren't they prone to bursting into flames when charging? ?
12 cars had battery fires, out of 140,000. I don't believe all were charging at the time.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
I guess this is a concern that I have but on the other hand, I wonder how common it is? All cars have issues although this is an extremely dangerous one. If it's one car in thousands, the risk is low, if it's more prevalent then it becomes a much bigger concern.
Its more that, if I understand right, the OP has the same issue I did, sudden motor control failure -- and now later has had battery power failure with the same sudden stopping. Like ... I would be exploring a lawsuit at that point.
Sponsored