stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4s ST; 2018 Macan base
Country flag
Hi all!
(First post)
I am in the market for a Taycan, have been looking to get one since they came out but I had a 2018 Panamera 4s Sport Turismo. Long story short, it was a lemon and they are buying it back for everything I spent on it.
I now am shopping for Taycans and found an amazing one, 2020 Turbo S ~8k miles.
Original MSRP ~210k. Being offered the vehicle for 170k.
Clean title/carfax. AND CPO.
Love the options and all but I just am worried about the chance of it being a lemon. It is a no used lemon law state. (I do have a Porsche Brand Ambassador's email telling me that it would go by my state's lemon laws which I think can protect me since I have record of him telling me this?)
Will CPO protect me incase something does come up and how well will Porsche treat me if it ends up having issues and all (worst case scenario).

Please let me know if I'm crazy for worrying and should just pull the trigger.
I am expecting to keep the car for maybe 2-4 years and then switch it out to something newer.
Thank you all ahead of time!

-S
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche treated you well with the Panamera, I wouldn't worry about how they would treat you on this.

I would expect that with 8k miles, any unresolvable issues would have already surfaced by now.

No guarantees that something won't come up, since they may. But remember these forums can be like a hypochondriac browsing the WebMd site - you can always find something and wonder "what if I have that issue too!?"

If money isn't a concern, I would say buy it without hesitation.

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am a little confused, you say the car has a clean title so it wasn't a lemon from new, right? Have you looked at the service history? Anything stands out there? The car made it to 8k miles so I would say it's likely not a lemon in the original sense.

OP
OP

WAporsche

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure how to reply to either of you so I'll just post a reply.
Reg:
I had to get a lemon lawyer for them to finally view my case seriously.. That was the only thing. And my local dealerships do treat me well so I see exactly what you are saying.
Maybe I just have recent lemon problems on my mind and am worried for no reason :facepalm:

Notsofast:
Clean title and all but why would the owner give it away?
I asked for service records and I'll attach my concerns via screenshot. The dealership said this was all after they received the car and that they reached out to the owner to do a repurchase.
111 CPO checklist says trade-in but they again reaffirm on it being a dealership purchased vehicle.
Also, the service records are 3 days after the purchase but the service records seem a little odd.

Porsche Taycan Deciding if it's worth buying a 2020 Turbo S. HELP Record 1

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The price is about right for a 2020 Turbo S. The dealership will have all the service records for that car.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
When I was considering buying a leftover 2020 Turbo from my dealership for $25k under sticker, after I decided against it, my salesman took me aside and told me I made a good decision and to avoid the 2020s. Said they had a lot of issues with the 2020s.

OP
OP

WAporsche

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
When I was considering buying a leftover 2020 Turbo from my dealership for $25k under sticker, after I decided against it, my salesman took me aside and told me I made a good decision and to avoid the 2020s. Said they had a lot of issues with the 2020s.
What if this specific model had no issues for the life of the car?
(what if specifically by the way)

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
Anything about 2021s?

Deleted member 6348

If the spec is what you want and the deal works for you, do it. Yes, there are subtle tweaks and improvements between Taycan model years, but the Turbo S is still a beast. CPO de-risks things considerably.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
I essentially grabbed a 2020 that was still on the lot for a huge discount. It was specced exactly how I would have done it myself. I just rolled over 10,000 trouble-free miles. Best car I've ever owned and not a single issue. I would not avoid a CPO, especially one that has already been driven 8,000 miles, because of the scare stories on this site....

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Clean carfax doesn't sound right to me.

Even with 8,000 miles, that pricing sounds like a repurchase. Carfax will show no accidents or "lemon" status, but it will show a voluntary repurchase, which will brand the title (eventually). There are a TON of these cars out there, even with CPO - Burlington Porsche has a bunch of them and can't sell em.

A clean 'no stories' Turbo S should be roughly high 170s to mid 180s - either side of that will have wishful thinking or a story you haven't caught yet. Check for recalls too - lots of new campaigns that will tie your call to service for a couple of weeks.

For example, this one - clean carfax, BUT - 7000 miles unaccounted for; originally landed in Toronto Canada and shows up in Michigan in a grey market reseller, and priced on the low end of the market...completely sketchy:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...Entity=d2974&zip=94551#listing=324213315/NONE

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=dlr_3&vin=wp0ac2y19lsa71861

Last edited:

Skilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi all!
(First post)

Will CPO protect me incase something does come up and how well will Porsche treat me if it ends up having issues and all (worst case scenario).
Also, to your question, CPO will protect you in warranty claims. It will not protect you if this turns out to be a repurchase and the title gets branded as a lemon buyback (it will catch up eventually). That will sting and it's all on your to dig into the history.

OP
OP

WAporsche

First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the replies everyone.
I didn't reply earlier because I was too upset that someone placed a deposit as I was working on wiring the funds to purchase the car. (Guess I should've just put a 5k deposit instead of getting ready to wire 190k lol)
I found a different Taycan (turbo, no s) and have put a deposit on it as I look for someone to ship it across the country.
Hoping it all turns out well as this one again, no bad history and again about 8k miles.
Will update when I receive the car!

John89

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thank you for the replies everyone.
I didn't reply earlier because I was too upset that someone placed a deposit as I was working on wiring the funds to purchase the car. (Guess I should've just put a 5k deposit instead of getting ready to wire 190k lol)
I found a different Taycan (turbo, no s) and have put a deposit on it as I look for someone to ship it across the country.
Hoping it all turns out well as this one again, no bad history and again about 8k miles.
Will update when I receive the car!
Make me an offer on mine.....
Sponsored