Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Tesla X, Tesla Y
Country flag
If mine doesn’t arrive this week (waiting on truck transport apparently) I think I’m bailing. I’d also like a nice truck for mountain biking and camping. But going from paying for no gas to a ton of gas seems hilariously stupid.
Get a Rivian. Oh wait, 3-yr wait.
Sponsored

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
If mine doesn’t arrive this week (waiting on truck transport apparently) I think I’m bailing. I’d also like a nice truck for mountain biking and camping. But going from paying for no gas to a ton of gas seems hilariously stupid.
I'm thinking of cancelling the order if I don't get it by 05/20. I'm not in a hurry to have a second car.

Nachyomama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag
I'm thinking of cancelling the order if I don't get it by 05/20. I'm not in a hurry to have a second car.
I sold my M2 a week before the CT4 was due to arrive. That was almost 3 months ago…

Krinsky1965

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base, 2015 Porsche 991.1 GTS
Country flag
Is there any good news out there? I can really use some, this situation is so disheartening. I spent weeks on that configurator planning a car to my taste, a specification that I couldn't imagine driving and was beyond thrilled to watch it be built and shipped to me UNTIL IT HIT THE PORT. This is the dream killer and I have done everything possible in search of the back story and some "hope" but am still coming up dry/empty. I have the means to go shopping for something else but this car is what I really want and I am not getting any younger. This is the first time I specified a car and I have been a car guy since birth or at least Hot Wheels when I was 4 (or so, 1969?). I am torn, the TYD shows the car being trucked on May 13th and I will wait to see this date, maybe this is it but for now I will at least wait through the next 13 days.

The only option I can possibly see as satisfying would be to find another CT in a better base chassis. What this means to me is my allocation is for a Taycan 4CT, if I can find a GTS CT or 4S CT, even a Turbo or Turbo S in a configuration I enjoy I would like to bail and buy a car I can drive, garage and own. If anyone sees a GTS CT that is available please let me know, even the right 4S. My only "MUST" is that it is either a Cross Turismo or Sports Turismo. Good luck to all that are waiting, my patience is running thin. Please post any good news, I see some May 6th dats, if these are shipping on ground transport this wouldn't be as dooming a wait.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
It’s kinda funny how a lot of us have put deposits or gotten another car. What is porsche thinking with holding all these cars for so long. What a major screwup! I’m just frustrated that people who ordered after and cars built after all of ours are delivered. I keep worrying that something is really wrong with all our cars.
Along those same lines - I asked my SA if the 12 V and Li-Ion Batteries were being maintained or are they dead/discharged already. Since my car was at the Port of Benicia during the fire, I asked about smoke damage. He assured me that the port is properly maintaining the cars/batteries while they are on the stop sale and there was no smoke damage. Don't know where this info is coming from, so I'll take this with a grain of salt.

We were hoping to get a 911 4S allocation next year, but I've already starting looking for a 2022 Acura NSX instead. This is what I was planning to get before the CT was announced.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Same. I sold my Bolt 3 months ago.
Same also. Sold our Tesla Model 3 Performance in February after I was told the CT would arrive beginning of March...

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Sold our M3 (on Bringatrailer, funny enough, 8 weeks after we submitted it) back in February assuming an early-March CT arrival. Fortunately we have others, but I remember worrying about how long BaT was taking, given the IMPENDING Cross Turismo (I have limited storage/parking).

Silly me.

vatsav

First Name
Srivatsav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Tursimo 2022, Tesla Model X 2020
Country flag
Even if we get the cars by 05/20, I'm worried that I'll have to face these levels of patience in future endeavors like maintenance, issues, etc.

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Even if we get the cars by 05/20, I'm worried that I'll have to face these levels of patience in future endeavors like maintenance, issues, etc.
Yeah I have the same worries. My parents bought a 2022taycan sedan in November. It’s been at their dealer 4 times already and has less than 2000 miles on. 2 of those visits are updates. I feel vain to say this but the taycan Ct is just so good looking that I don’t like any other EV as much. But I am happy that my machE GT never has to visit the dealer and all my updates are done over the air. My Porsche dealer is 50 mins away, I’m kinda fearing what that inconvenience would be like if I have to take it in for updates and issues all the time. But again the Ct looks sooo good, so maybe I’ll be more willing to except that reality once I have it

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Dealer update. Email from the port (Houston) received saying they’re releasing the “first wave”. No further updates on timeframe though
This is a good way to torture everyone who has a car waiting in Houston. Now we’re all hoping we’re in the “fist wave” whatever that is. 😬😱😳

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
That's the best news I've heard all week! If they're doing them FIFO, I'm in luck! ;)
Sponsored