Difference between NF0 and NA0 tyres

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
A couple of weeks ago I suffered a catastrophic blow out when the the inner rim of one of my tyres wore through. Other people on this forum have seen the same, all wear markers are ok but the inner rim was very worn. All 4 tyres were replaced for the same reason. I’ve got not problem with this, it’s what happens on high camber cars.
I just want to report what happens if the NF0 tyres are replaced by another spec. I’ve got a lease car, they didn’t care what went on if it met the size and speed specs. The tyre fitter saw N and knew Porsche was required but fitted 911 spec tyres (NA0). For grip in wet or dry and for handling they are fantastic, much better than the NF0 but I’ve got 7% less range. I’m very happy with this compromise. All goes to show that our tyres are clearly designed specifically for our cars.
Sponsored

Last edited:

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
would you recommend running NA0 and NF0 on the rear?

Can't source NF0's here I am at and currently no visibility.

Or i just switch both out for Michelin PS4NFo's ...but front wiill still be good years.

OP
OP
David Bennett

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
If you are prepared to trade range for grip then they seem like a good option. I’m happy with the extra grip. I’ve no idea yet on the longevity, grip normally equals faster wear rates.

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
If you are prepared to trade range for grip then they seem like a good option. I’m happy with the extra grip. I’ve no idea yet on the longevity, grip normally equals faster wear rates.
Any update on the NA0's?

I am considering just using NA0's given how hard it is to get NF0's

OP
OP
David Bennett

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Still perfectly happy with them, good grip and I have not noticed any higher wear rates. They are probably just a bit stiffer in the side walls contributing to a slightly less compliant ride but nothing too outrageous