Dilemmas...

Latto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS, ZX10R SE
Country flag
Hi all

I’ll soon be ordering a new 4S for pick up next March/April. First EV and first Porsche so looking for some opinions....

1. Heated seats - firstly, still struggling to believe they’re an optional extra on a car costing north of £85k! That said, given you can pre-heat the car remotely for a specific time of day before you travel, are they worthwhile?

2. Slate grey leather - always like to have light leather in my cars. Ideally, I’d want the crayon leather but £3k seems really steep so an considering the no-cost optional slate grey. My dealer doesn’t have any cars with slate grey and I never trust configurators for colours so wonder just how light it is? I’m planning to get the car in mamba green - would they go well together?

3. Side skirts - not convinced the full sport design package is worth it but the side skirts might be. I do worry that, with the green inserts, it might look a bit too Fast & Furious tho - what do folks think?

4. Dark silver accents - they don’t seem to stand out much on the configurator. What are they like in real life?

5. Apart from the performance battery plus, any must-haves.

Any and all thoughts would be very welcome!
Sponsored

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
1. Definitely heated seats, unless you live in a warm climate
2. Some how I always found the grey seats to give me sadness. Would go black or white (crayon)
3. The car sticks out already. If you want to make it even more visible....
4. Have them; surprisingly they are just a different shade of color on the plastic inserts.
5. If you drove a Tesla and like the autopilot you will miss it, so get innodrive. The standard keep lane assist is not too obtrusive, but not very good either. Bose sound to he very least - I am told the standard sound is not very good.

OP
OP
Latto

Latto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS, ZX10R SE
Country flag
1. Definitely heated seats, unless you live in a warm climate
2. Some how I always found the grey seats to give me sadness. Would go black or white (crayon)
3. The car sticks out already. If you want to make it even more visible....
4. Have them; surprisingly they are just a different shade of color on the plastic inserts.
5. If you drove a Tesla and like the autopilot you will miss it, so get innodrive. The standard keep lane assist is not too obtrusive, but not very good either. Bose sound to he very least - I am told the standard sound is not very good.

Thanks for that. I live in scotland so the heated seats box will need ticked!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi all

I’ll soon be ordering a new 4S for pick up next March/April. First EV and first Porsche so looking for some opinions....

1. Heated seats - firstly, still struggling to believe they’re an optional extra on a car costing north of £85k! That said, given you can pre-heat the car remotely for a specific time of day before you travel, are they worthwhile?

2. Slate grey leather - always like to have light leather in my cars. Ideally, I’d want the crayon leather but £3k seems really steep so an considering the no-cost optional slate grey. My dealer doesn’t have any cars with slate grey and I never trust configurators for colours so wonder just how light it is? I’m planning to get the car in mamba green - would they go well together?

3. Side skirts - not convinced the full sport design package is worth it but the side skirts might be. I do worry that, with the green inserts, it might look a bit too Fast & Furious tho - what do folks think?

4. Dark silver accents - they don’t seem to stand out much on the configurator. What are they like in real life?

5. Apart from the performance battery plus, any must-haves.

Any and all thoughts would be very welcome!
1. Are Heated seats not standard over there? Yikes. US builds have front heated seats as standard but you're right and it's a separate option on your configurator. I'd get it.

2. I dislike the grey interior, personally. All of the other colors are nice.

3. I wouldn't spec them.

4. Haven't seen them in person but I'd imagine they're fairly subtle but nice.

5. Things I'd strongly, strongly consider; Sport Chrono, Rear Axle Steering, Bose or Burmeister, Lane Change Assist, Heated Steering Wheel.

Last edited:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Thanks for that. I live in scotland so the heated seats box will need ticked!
Innodrive, Bose, 150kw upgrade, big battery, heated seats, heated steering wheel, especially for the cold winters Is Scotland.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
In the US heated seats are standard. Since I live in Florida I ordered cooled seats, 150 KW charger, big battery ( no choice ), standard interior in gray, rear wheel steering, LCA, Innodrive& ACC, park assist&surround view, 14 way seats,, folding mirrors, "Intelligent" range manager, 25' charging cable, all season tires, tire sealing & compressor. The car will be my daily driver.

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went with standard audio. I have Bose in my other cars.

Snowbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 turbo — Taycan turbo S
Country flag
In the US heated seats are standard. Since I live in Florida I ordered cooled seats, 150 KW charger, big battery ( no choice ), standard interior in gray, rear wheel steering, LCA, Innodrive& ACC, park assist&surround view, 14 way seats,, folding mirrors, "Intelligent" range manager, 25' charging cable, all season tires, tire sealing & compressor. The car will be my daily driver.
Why 4 seasons tires in Florida ?

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Tire life. The sportier tires just melt away in the heat down here. Plus the staggered tire sizes mean you can't rotate the tires which void the tread life warranty.

OP
OP
Latto

Latto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS, ZX10R SE
Country flag
I went with standard audio. I have Bose in my other cars.
A few people have said the standard sound system isn’t great - is it alright to live with?

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
A few people have said the standard sound system isn’t great - is it alright to live with?
Yes, you can live with it. But it really isn't that great. It is missing the subwoofer that the more expensive systems have, but also with respect to clarity, it is "only okay". Of course, that is only my opinion.

Regarding the heated seats: I'd definitely take them, because a) you will forget to pre-heat the car and b) there will be situations where you will not want to expend the energy to pre-heat the whole car, but you will still want the heated seats :).

OP
OP
Latto

Latto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RRS, ZX10R SE
Country flag
1. Are Heated seats not standard over there? Yikes. US builds have front heated seats as standard but you're right and it's a separate option on your configurator. I'd get it.

2. I dislike the grey interior, personally. All of the other colors are nice.

3. I wouldn't spec them.

4. Haven't seen them in person but I'd imagine they're fairly subtle but nice.

5. Things I'd strongly, strongly consider; Sport Chrono, Rear Axle Steering, Bose or Burmeister, Lane Change Assist, Heated Steering Wheel.
Has anyone driven Taycans both with and without the handing options like rear-axle steering, PDCC, etc? I imagine they’d make a significant difference on track or when you’re really pressing on but in day to day driving?

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Has anyone driven Taycans both with and without the handing options like rear-axle steering, PDCC, etc? I imagine they’d make a significant difference on track or when you’re really pressing on but in day to day driving?
I've got Rear Axle steering and it makes a huge difference day to day - especially with parking / turning in tight areas.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Turning radius is better as mentioned by @awharton. I have it (part of the sport package) - which I would not have ordered, but was on the car I picked from the dealer. Compared to the demos I drove (no rear-axle steering), cannot say I see much difference on the road, but I am not pushing the car.
Sponsored