Door Sill illuminated replacement

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I'm against the black since they blend in with the large plastic thresholds. Aluminum offers a nice contrast.
Sponsored

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm against the black since they blend in with the large plastic thresholds. Aluminum offers a nice contrast.
I've deleted everything and have gone with a total monochrome look. It's the only place on the car where there is silver/gold at this point, so I'd love to remove the last piece. It's entirely a personal aesthetic decision though. I do agree that it will make them blend in more, but it also ensures they don't show dirt or scuffs as much at a practical level too for me.

fmorris26

First Name
Fredrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4, 911 Carera 4, BMW 520 Xd
Country flag
I have the basic in plastic and want to upgrade with alu in black. I think they are mounted with clips on top of the basic one and should be easy to swap. But I’m not sure. If someone could try and post a picture that would be helpful. A full set of door sills in black alu is around €400.

iamfrozt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have the basic in plastic and want to upgrade with alu in black. I think they are mounted with clips on top of the basic one and should be easy to swap. But I’m not sure. If someone could try and post a picture that would be helpful. A full set of door sills in black alu is around €400.
It's odd because Suncoast and other places usually include a document on the installation process or link to a service manual procedure. These don't seem to have it anywhere that I can find. I may just try and give it a go myself later this month. If I do, I'll take pictures and write something up.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
So it took them all day...did they bill you for all day? What was install cost?

dutchcourage

First Name
Duco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
did you get this price info from your dealer or did you find it online? I'm also looking for the black all to replace the ugly plastics

fmorris26

First Name
Fredrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4, 911 Carera 4, BMW 520 Xd
Country flag
did you get this price info from your dealer or did you find it online? I'm also looking for the black all to replace the ugly plastics
I got it from my dealer but it turned out to be misleading. The price was barely for one side. I took a closer look at how it is fitted an concluded with leaving it as is. Now I don’t bother anymore 🙃

Calvin1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Has anyone done this replacement or found documentation yet?
Sponsored