Door sill illumination

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
Just a quick question, particularly for any Turbo S owners who already have their cars. Are the standard feature matt carbon sills illuminated? I am past the freeze date for mine so can't make any changes but when I asked my dealer he said he wasn't 100% sure. I have recently seen illuminated sills on some of the review videos and they looked great so just wondered if that was an option I missed or whether sill illumination is a standard feature on the Turbo S?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
according the porsche USA Turbo S standard featues list they are illuminated - see screen shot below I took from the porsche site just now.

Porsche Taycan Door sill illumination 0B2F1B22-13C8-4314-9F2D-C0A9DA07831F

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S (due Dec), Porsche GT3, Land Rover Discovery, VW Transporter T6, Mini Cooper (Classic)
Country flag
according the porsche USA Turbo S standard featues list they are illuminated - see screen shot below I took from the porsche site just now.

0B2F1B22-13C8-4314-9F2D-C0A9DA07831F.jpeg
Thanks that’s very helpful and just hope thats also the case for UK supplies vehicles as standard specs do seem to vary quite a bit depending on the destination market.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
what does the standard list say on uk site?

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
what does the standard list say on uk site?
Just “door sill guards in Matte Carbon” There is no mention of the word ‘illuminated’ but equally I can’t see it as a specific option on the configurator? I guess it will be what it will be now! :please:

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Just a quick question, particularly for any Turbo S owners who already have their cars. Are the standard feature matt carbon sills illuminated? I am past the freeze date for mine so can't make any changes but when I asked my dealer he said he wasn't 100% sure. I have recently seen illuminated sills on some of the review videos and they looked great so just wondered if that was an option I missed or whether sill illumination is a standard feature on the Turbo S?
Our Turbo S CF door sills are illuminated, however we also have every lighting option and not sure if that affects them.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Our Turbo S CF door sills are illuminated, however we also have every lighting option and not sure if that affects them.
Well if they are consistent I should be ok as I also ticked all the ambient/led lighting options. Just hope they haven’t changed it for 2021MY as my car not due to be delivered til December. Your comments are very encouraging though, thank you. :)

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I will also note that this is in the category of options you can easily add yourself after delivery any way, so it's definitely the kind you can fix. Unlike, for example, wishing you had upgraded the brakes.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Just checked my Turbo S order form and no mention of illuminated door sills - but pretty sure they are. I recall opting for the Porsche puddle lights to compliment them with the lighting package!

CrazyHorse

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Looking to change my 4S brush aluminum Door Sill to a Brush Aluminum Black Illuminated Sill. Anybody knows how to tale out the door sill and change it to an illuminated one? Any info and instructions and pictures of available would be great. Thanks

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Ian, did your Turbo S come with illuminated sills in the end? I want to get them on my car, but there’s no option box to tick for them and nothing is mentioned in the standard specification list.

OP
OP

Woody

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ian, did your Turbo S come with illuminated sills in the end? I want to get them on my car, but there’s no option box to tick for them and nothing is mentioned in the standard specification list.
Unfortunately I don't collect the car til next Friday 8th. It is having a ceramic coating done by the OPC before I pick it up and I have not actually seen the car it in the flesh yet. As soon as I get it, I will let you know ?

Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
Unfortunately I don't collect the car til next Friday 8th. It is having a ceramic coating done by the OPC before I pick it up and I have not actually seen the car it in the flesh yet. As soon as I get it, I will let you know ?
Thank you, and enjoy the collection.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
Our MY 2020 Turbo S:
Porsche Taycan Door sill illumination 1609611354120