Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was reversing into a main road (stupid I know) when it felt like I hit something. I looked round and a large horse trailer had come onto the wrong side of the road to overtake a parked car. Thing is there is no damage to my car. I know there is an emergency stop function when you are moving forward. Is there a similar function in reverse? I cannot think of any other explanation.
Sponsored

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
There is a similar function - Rear Cross Traffic Alert that is part of the remote parking option.

OP
OP

Rayo2703

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There is a similar function - Rear Cross Traffic Alert that is part of the remote parking option.
I do have the remote parking function so that would make sense

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What you're looking for is a feature called manoeuvring assist, which prevents low speed collisions with stationary objects. It uses the parking sensors mostly.

Should be standard on the Taycan but it's very sensitive so I have disabled it. Go into settings -> car - > assist to see if you have it active. It slams on the brakes when it detects you're close to hitting something so feels like a crash, but it should alert you on the dash that it prevented a collision.
Sponsored