PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
This is sad, it is really best looking sedan on the market, bust rest is unfortunately disappointment and under delivery

Reactions: DRR

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
These are really disappointing numbers. It doesn't even take into account the additional drain in very hot or cold temperatures or aggressive acceleration. Hopefully one of the mags will do a real world daily driver test to see what the numbers are in real world.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Seriously? The Taycan is not even comparable to a Tesla. Completely different cars. The Tesla is an electric car the Taycan is the worlds first electric sports car!

It’s kind of like comparing a Ford Sedan/Saloon to a Mercedes AMG GT Saloon. Different cars for different uses and different people!? Do people say the AMG does 15mpg compared to the Fords 30mpg - well no they don’t!?

The Taycan is a different proposition. Those who want the miles and a boring car to live with please move over to the Tesla forums :)

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
Seriously? The Taycan is not even comparable to a Tesla. Completely different cars. The Tesla is an electric car the Taycan is the worlds first electric sports car!

It’s kind of like comparing a Ford Sedan/Saloon to a Mercedes AMG GT Saloon. Different cars for different uses and different people!? Do people say the AMG does 15mpg compared to the Fords 30mpg - well no they don’t!?

The Taycan is a different proposition. Those who want the miles and a boring car to live with please move over to the Tesla forums :)
I agree with everything you say except the snipe at the end........ have you ever driven a TESLA?....... considering you say boring............ it’s a different proposition but certainly not boring..... depending on the model. that, however, is true for almost every manufacturer..... even porsche, with the now defunct diesels......... just my two cents.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
I agree with everything you say except the snipe at the end........ have you ever driven a TESLA?....... considering you say boring............ it’s a different proposition but certainly not boring..... depending on the model. that, however, is true for almost every manufacturer..... even porsche, with the now defunct diesels......... just my two cents.
Driven? I owned an early Model S - was a complete pile of crap except for being a fast car the build quality was horrendous! The friggin car was falling apart! It was not worth £80k let alone £30k!

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
"Boring" was a very polite way to discribe the 90D pile of junk on a big battery I have in my car park.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
No offence meant to Tesla owners - as I said I have been one myself and had to go through a painful rejection process here in the UK. I had major electrical gremlins on my car and trim was falling off the bloody car everywhere. The passenger door handle came off in the wife's hand! On a £80,000 car that's bloody jokes. So when people compare a Taycan to a Tesla it just makes me laugh. The only thing that can be compared is outright performance and speed (the Tesla is of course faster) but then again you can compare a Nissan GTR to a 911 and say it's faster but would you buy the Nissan :D !?

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
What do you have to say about this? https://amcitesting.com/taycan/
I am buying Taycan as my first electric sports car - it is replacing a Ferrari 458 italia (for now, will be buying a Huracan Performante in the summer) - I frankly am not bothered with the range as I never buy a sports car asking what mpg it does!!! I am also buying it as in the UK the tax regimes are VERY favorable for electric cars - too long to explain but you save a lot of money running an e car through a ltd company.

Those who think the Telsa is much better please ask actual owners - I have asked 2 friends this morning and they have told me

Model S - 200 miles and 170 miles
Model 3 - 240 miles
Model X - 150 miles

with numbers like that I would definitely prefer to me in the Taycan :)

BliXem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2020
Country flag
I am buying Taycan as my first electric sports car - it is replacing a Ferrari 458 italia (for now, will be buying a Huracan Performante in the summer) - I frankly am not bothered with the range as I never buy a sports car asking what mpg it does!!! I am also buying it as in the UK the tax regimes are VERY favorable for electric cars - too long to explain but you save a lot of money running an e car through a ltd company.

Those who think the Telsa is much better please ask actual owners - I have asked 2 friends this morning and they have told me

Model S - 200 miles and 170 miles
Model 3 - 240 miles
Model X - 150 miles

with numbers like that I would definitely prefer to me in the Taycan :)
I know its a sports car. But if I need to charge it every 150km it's a deal breaker for me. I own a Model 3 right now from June 2019. In summer I can reach the 350km. Now in winter I have a range of 320km. I have 19" rims, so no aero's. Still, WLTP is saying 270 miles for the taycan.

DRR

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 Model Y Performance
Country flag
This is sad, it is really best looking sedan on the market, bust rest is unfortunately disappointment and under delivery
I agree. The issue for me is not so much that I cannot live with 200 or say 235 mile range for the 4S, but what it may do to the value of the car. I am a big fan of Porsche (currently drive an 18 Panamera 4 and wife a 19 Macan S) but the Taycan I configure is over $130,000, which is OK if it retains Porsche like value. Is Tesla that far ahead on battery design and efficiency? I don't plan to launch my Taycan 10 times to 60 mph. I've owned many high performance cars like an M5 that sacrifice efficiency for performance - but the MPG on my M5 was competitive with similar performance cars. Could buying a Taycan be like buying an iPhone with, say, a 4 hour battery life when the standard is much higher? What if Porsche introduces a new improved battery next year? Is my $130,000 Taycan now worth $50,000? Cynics may say don't buy a $130,000 car if you are concerned about depreciation, but I don't want to be the first to own a car with an obsolete battery. I like everything about the Taycan and am willing to pay a premium for Porsche design, fit, finish and engineering. Is the battery engineering up to the Porsche standard?

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
I have an ICE Porsche that I bought new in 2013. It currently has 26,000 miles on it. I can't remember the last time we drove the car more than 100 miles in one day. I think in almost 7 years of ownership, that was maybe 3 or 4 times I took a road trip into the Appalachian mountains, Just simply nothing near Atlanta worth driving to. My wife even hates to drive to suburbs....:CWL::CWL: Places worth going to require an airplane, as I am not about to sit in a car for 5-12 hours.

I will like to see what the range will be AFTER real owners start driving the Taycan like a Porsche. After all, the Taycan was designed to drive like a Porsche, so lets see how far it can drive like a Porsche. My intention is to buy the Taycan only after I can test drive one. (But I also will be getting the Tesla Y as my everyday work vehicle to replace an aging ICE SUV). As a fan of both Tesla and Porsche, I hate the comparison of the two as the vehicles are designed for entirely different puposes and for the most part (with exceptions like me), they cater to two entirely different demographics. (household income of average new Tesla car owner in USA is $150,000, the average household income for new Porsche buyer is $511,000).

I do have to agree with Snape that the Taycan has one of the most amazing sedan designs of any car on the road.

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
I don't think it's the battery that is the problem. If my previous eGolf had 93kWh battery, I probably wouldn't have switched to Tesla. eGolf is more efficient that Tesla, because it's a smaller car. The problem with Taycan, if you see it as a problem, is the drivetrain, cabling as someone mention and the tires. These are the points that Porsche need to improve to compete with Tesla. Tires should be a quick fix for better range.

It seems that the Taycan Cross Trurismo has higher roofline in the rear. Maybe, it's possible to raise the backseat and fill the foot garage with battery modules. CT will then get about 15-20% more range I assume. It's a quick fix, instead of redesign or improve existing drive train. But, of course it's not as good looking as the real Taycan.

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Everyone can opine and justify the low numbers and compare the car to its competitor, tesla, and point out how much better looking it is and how its a real sports car BUT the numbers are still really disappointing.Period.
Sponsored