Estimated Arrival Date Pushed Back Almost 2 Months!

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Chalk with Stealth wrap
Country flag
So I received an email from Porsche this past Monday stating that my vehicle has completed production. I was excited as my ETA date was 9/3/21. However, I check the “track your dream” site today and now it states an ETA date of 10/22/21?! Could this be an error? How can my date have been pushed back so far if my vehicle is supposedly already been produced? Any similar experiences here?? Needless to say, I am quite disappointed.

Furthermore, my leasing company gave me a 2 month extension on my leas which will expire towards the end of next month. What are people doing for temporary cars besides long term car rentals??
Sponsored

CT4Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
So I received an email from Porsche this past Monday stating that my vehicle has completed production. I was excited as my ETA date was 9/3/21. However, I check the “track your dream” site today and now it states an ETA date of 10/22/21?! Could this be an error? How can my date have been pushed back so far if my vehicle is supposedly already been produced? Any similar experiences here?? Needless to say, I am quite disappointed.

Furthermore, my leasing company gave me a 2 month extension on my leas which will expire towards the end of next month. What are people doing for temporary cars besides long term car rentals??

Wouldnt worry about it. My ETA was 9/17, 7/20 finished production and now its on the vessel - scheduled to arrive 8/22 in SoCal.

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wouldnt worry about it. My ETA was 9/17, 7/20 finished production and now its on the vessel - scheduled to arrive 8/22 in SoCal.
Thanks.
So you are guessing my ETA may revert back to an earlier date bcos I received the email that my car has completed production? I sure hope so!

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag

Had the same exact thing happen (9/10 delivery moved to 10/29), and hoping it’s just a tracking glitch. I also received an email production is complete yet TYD still shows it in production (and the “my vehicles” page shows production complete!). Planning to reach out to sales person Monday if it doesn’t revert.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
TYD is not 100% accurate. Showed my car at port the same day I got a call from my dealer saying my car arrived. The next day TYD updated to arrival at dealer.

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
TYD is not 100% accurate. Showed my car at port the same day I got a call from my dealer saying my car arrived. The next day TYD updated to arrival at dealer.
Ok. So it sounds like email updates are more accurate. Thanks for the replies. Let’s see what happens!

Zetta

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo
Country flag
Same here, SEP -> OCT

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Same here. Let us know when you hear back from your sales guy
Had the same exact thing happen (9/10 delivery moved to 10/29), and hoping it’s just a tracking glitch. I also received an email production is complete yet TYD still shows it in production (and the “my vehicles” page shows production complete!). Planning to reach out to sales person Monday if it doesn’t revert.

OP
OP
tibiafx1

tibiafx1

First Name
AC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here. Let us know when you hear back from your sales guy
My sales guy tells me he’s 99% sure that vehicles are are getting squeezed in the semiconductor shortage issue. He will check again next week. He also states that he ha seen these dates revert back as Porsche tends to under promise and over deliver.
Sponsored