Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Taycan ST perfect for U11s
Macan needed for U15s Water Polo boys team
U18s and I will probably need to lose any last vestige of self respect and get a Cayenne :oops:
I’ll be honest, some weeks I have to ditch the Taycan and take the wife’s XC90 as I often have ludicrous amounts of kit. I just don’t want to have to go down the SUV route! 🤦🏼 She, however, hates driving my car and will often refuse to do it so it’s not always an option.

Currently trying to figure out how I get a 911… 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Currently trying to figure out how I get a 911… 😂
[/QUOTE]

When the kids leave home and you have more money but are too old to look cool in one.
WhatEVER you do, do not try and hang on to your youth by driving a 911 in a baseball hat.
They are absolutely verboten for anyone aged over 29.

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I’ll be honest, some weeks I have to ditch the Taycan and take the wife’s XC90
I love the old boys (like me!) who say they couldn’t possibly consider driving a Macan over a Taycan because blah blah blah then they end up driving their wife’s XC90 because it’s practical and secretly enjoy it because it’s more comfortable and easier to get in and out of….

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I love the old boys (like me!) who say they couldn’t possibly consider driving a Macan over a Taycan because blah blah blah then they end up driving their wife’s XC90 because it’s practical and secretly enjoy it because it’s more comfortable and easier to get in and out of….
less of the old. 😂 not a fan of the XC90 to drive. It’s floaty and a bit boat like. But needs must sometimes.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
because it’s more comfortable and easier to get in and out of….
I haven’t been in that many SUVs but I haven’t been in any with more comfortable seats or a better ride than my Taycan.
I had never noticed the Taycan being to be difficult to get into, personally, but my daughter did after a spinal operation and recently noticed one of my older (than me) friends being a bit slow to get in.

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
I haven’t been in that many SUVs but I haven’t been in any with more comfortable seats or a better ride than my Taycan.
I had never noticed the Taycan being to be difficult to get into, personally, but my daughter did after a spinal operation and recently noticed one of my older (than me) friends being a bit slow to get in.
Totally agree. Sublime once in the car.
I got 18 ways in the GTS but the base 8 ways in my 4S were absolutely fabulous and faultless too.
The law of diminishing returns mixed with FOMO.
A Porsche standard.
My first Boxster (base seats) followed a Lotus Elise that was like sitting on a park bench.
The difference was truly eye opening. You can be comfortable in a sports car.

I can twist in around the B pillar ok in the Taycan but my 82 yr old Mum and 88 yr old Dad struggle to get in and then they can’t get out.
The Macan will undoubtedly be easier for all.

I would much rather a proper estate/station wagon than an SUV but unfortunately the Taycan CT/ST has less room in the back than a VW Golf.
It’s just not a proper estate.

More room for giant sons in the back of Macan and I probably need a Cayenne but I refuse to sell my soul (entirely)
The Panamera will just be infeasibly expensive looking at the price of new Taycans and it’s too far away.

I will console myself with being in the best handling SUV on the planet.
The interior and comfort will be the same delightful environment as the Taycan. 👍

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Totally agree. Sublime once in the car.
I got 18 ways in the GTS but the base 8 ways in my 4S were absolutely fabulous and faultless too.
The law of diminishing returns mixed with FOMO.
A Porsche standard.
My first Boxster (base seats) followed a Lotus Elise that was like sitting on a park bench.
The difference was truly eye opening. You can be comfortable in a sports car.

I can twist in around the B pillar ok in the Taycan but my 82 yr old Mum and 88 yr old Dad struggle to get in and then they can’t get out.
The Macan will undoubtedly be easier for all.

I would much rather a proper estate/station wagon than an SUV but unfortunately the Taycan CT/ST has less room in the back than a VW Golf.
It’s just not a proper estate.

More room for giant sons in the back of Macan and I probably need a Cayenne but I refuse to sell my soul (entirely)
The Panamera will just be infeasibly expensive looking at the price of new Taycans and it’s too far away.

I will console myself with being in the best handling SUV on the planet.
The interior and comfort will be the same delightful environment as the Taycan. 👍
Rear space is tight in the Macan as it is in the Taycan and not much better in the Cayenne. Porsches are never roomy. Anyone 6' or over = rear seat carnage where only elf's need apply.

OP
OP
Ross

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
Rear space is tight in the Macan as it is in the Taycan and not much better in the Cayenne. Porsches are never roomy. Anyone 6' or over = rear seat carnage where only elf's need apply.
The crucial thing for the long legs is vertical, seat base to floor. Rubbish in Taycan even with foot garages. Knees
around ears.
Much better in Mac and hopefully with longer wheelbase and bigger cabin in EV Mac will still be better than Taycan.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The crucial thing for the long legs is vertical, seat base to floor. Rubbish in Taycan even with foot garages. Knees
around ears.
Much better in Mac and hopefully with longer wheelbase and bigger cabin in EV Mac will still be better than Taycan.
The Taycan wheelbase is longer than the Macan? 2900 vs 2807

I have yet to see inside as Macan, so will be interested to see this. I think Cayenne will be the one to get if you want more room in the back

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
around ears.
I have both vehicles and can't align on this. The best was my Panamera (individual powered rear seats). Hopefully the Macan EV has addressed this but I suspect it will be a marginal gain. The Cayenne at least has the option to slide the rear seat.
Sponsored